Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i give up...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

i feel like throwing in the towl today.... dd has been a whiny awful brat   all day.  and db  has been  nothing short of a jerk.  ive had to deal with trying to correct dd when shes screaming at me and in the process of that i have db  laying on the couch  puting his two cents in saying shes this way cuz of me  cuz i dont spank her  cuz i use time out she is a whiny spoiled brat. i tell him i dont need his two cents and he yells well your foring to f*cking get it... and i told him i dont deserve this and he says what are you going to do about it... so i sat down cuz theres nothin i can do , he will continue to talk to me like im shit  and my daughter will continue to treat me the same way  cuz she sees daddy do it... im to the point of tears n he could care less, he just says im a bitch and i have a bad additude. n dd is the way she is cuz of me, it couldnt possibly  be that he hits her for everything, couldnt possibly be  that hes consantly curseing and yellin at me no.... im not sayin  he is fully responsible for all dds  bad behaviors but  she learned to hit sumwhere.... i jsut dont think he is right  hitting an 18 month old for everything. i just want to lock myself in my room n cry....

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
1stTimeMama2010
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM

well, if you let him treat you like that in front of your daughter what do you expect. I'm not trying to sound mean but it is the truth. Not only is she going to treat you bad but eventually, once she understands more, she is going to think it is alright for a man to treat HER like that. I know leaving isn't always easy but unless you want her feeling the way you do when she is older I would suggest leaving. As far as him hitting her, is he spanking her tush or hitting hitting? Spanking is okay (to me) but hitting is not. If my husband every hit our son I'd be out real quick.

frndlyfn
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Respect needs to be given and returned by all members in the family.  If you want to stay with this guy, you 2 need to sit down while she isnt in the room and discuss a consistent discipline and  what rules the household should have that everyone follows.

NevaehsMomy1013
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:15 PM

i dont let him treat me like that usually but i refuse to fight infront of dd and he knows it. and he spanks but i think to much to hard  i pop her on the butt  when shes really bad but  he does it for  everything. n i know what ur saying about her thinkin its ok when shes older n i refuse to let that happen. its not ok  he does it to me n its not ok if neone does it to her...i just cant have it out with him  with dd right there, n thats when he ususally says things like that so i wont go back at him... that  n im flooded in the house  so i really cant do nething baout it n he knows that

Quoting 1stTimeMama2010:

well, if you let him treat you like that in front of your daughter what do you expect. I'm not trying to sound mean but it is the truth. Not only is she going to treat you bad but eventually, once she understands more, she is going to think it is alright for a man to treat HER like that. I know leaving isn't always easy but unless you want her feeling the way you do when she is older I would suggest leaving. As far as him hitting her, is he spanking her tush or hitting hitting? Spanking is okay (to me) but hitting is not. If my husband every hit our son I'd be out real quick.

NevaehsMomy1013
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM

its hard to set ground rules and disaplince   because we are at his parents house till august  so its there rules  wich are ever changing n  i can say i want this doen or that done but they feel they have everyright to do whatever they want regarding her because we are in their house n its their granddaughter n if i dont like it i can  hit the road... so its very hard to get  6  people to listen .... i ahve a hard ennough time trying to get  db to listen.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Respect needs to be given and returned by all members in the family.  If you want to stay with this guy, you 2 need to sit down while she isnt in the room and discuss a consistent discipline and  what rules the household should have that everyone follows.

frndlyfn
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Simple rules which i think his parents would even agree with would be  No yelling, No touching the stove, No running inside,  etc.  You are the mom so she is your child to take care of.

Quoting NevaehsMomy1013:

its hard to set ground rules and disaplince   because we are at his parents house till august  so its there rules  wich are ever changing n  i can say i want this doen or that done but they feel they have everyright to do whatever they want regarding her because we are in their house n its their granddaughter n if i dont like it i can  hit the road... so its very hard to get  6  people to listen .... i ahve a hard ennough time trying to get  db to listen.

Quoting frndlyfn:

NevaehsMomy1013
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM

and disipline for those actions? when i have a house full of people who spank n feel they have everyright espescially db and me who uses it as a last resort n no ne listens when i say not to...

Quoting frndlyfn:

Simple rules which i think his parents would even agree with would be  No yelling, No touching the stove, No running inside,  etc.  You are the mom so she is your child to take care of.

Quoting NevaehsMomy1013:

Quoting frndlyfn:

nikistrong3
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I live at my parent house for right into I get back on our feet. You have to remeber things gt better with God. You dont have to let him treat you that way and you dont have to take it. All because you at his parent house doesn't mean you can't rise your child the way you want. He have to remeber that he help make that child and he got to get up off his behind too. It not just a woman job to rise the kids, it take both parents. Just pray and talk to God and he will answer your prays. I had my son all the time and house work too. I use work part time also,but I didnt make it clear that my husband had to help too. He did step up and help me everyday. DD just a baby she has to be taught just like we had to be when we was her age. You cant hit them for every little thing. you welcome to talk to me when you need too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)