Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher Appreciation Week

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so it is teacher appreciation week and my DD's school's PTA organized a "game" for the kids to "give the teacher's a heart attack" where the kids all make heart (however they want) and give to their teachers.  My DD is making paper hearts for all her teachers (gym, music, art etc.) and we are glueing pieces of chocolate to them.  We are also going to make heart shaped cookies and take to leave in the teachers lounge for all the staff. 

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE some more ideas on what to do for the teachers!  It does not have to follow the heart theam if you have other ideas also!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KairisMama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Our PTO provides us with an appreciation lunch during that week. They also went to each classroom last week having the students nominate their favorite teachers in different categories - "Most Creative" "Most energetic" "Most dramatic" etc. The winners will be announced at the lunch.

jennypinfargo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM

That is awesome!! My DD has amazing teachers and I LOVE them they work so hard and she has learned SO MUCH!!  I really want to do something great for them. 

Quoting KairisMama:

Our PTO provides us with an appreciation lunch during that week. They also went to each classroom last week having the students nominate their favorite teachers in different categories - "Most Creative" "Most energetic" "Most dramatic" etc. The winners will be announced at the lunch.

sskaratemom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I think that your ideas sound great!

jennypinfargo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:23 PM

BUMP because I KNOW there has to be more mom's out there that appreciate teachers!!

JMKristy
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I'm in charge of a "class gift" for my sons first grade class.... I'm not on board with it, but the parents voted... they are all chipping in money, and I am supposed to put together a basket of post it notes (the teacher's addicted to them) pens, markers, and other random supplies and the majority of the money will be used for a gift card for an airline... she flies home every break to visit her family.... I thought it would be better if we put together some sort of project with the class and a few parents came into class and took over for an hour or two for the project!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)