Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think my apt was designed by a leftie!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM
  • 19 Replies

I've only been in my apt a couple months so I'm just starting to adjust to where all the light switches are. Because my S/O and I are both right handed and in almost every room where we both instinctively reach for a light switch it's on the other side! Any one else have odd things about their place that just seem wrong?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdwyer
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM

It could be because the previous person that lived there or whoever built it was dyslexic. In our old house all the light switches and door handles were on opposite sides of where they usually are because the person that built it was dyslexic.

dragonflylovr19
by on May. 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Hmm, interesting (I am a sowthpaw!!)!  I can't think of anything about my current place that strikes me as odd tho!

oboe_chik
by on May. 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM

The only thing odd about our house is probably odd because of the way we use it lol. We go in the back door through the laundry room and into the kitchen. The laundry room has a light switch right by the door the kitchen switch is all the way on the other side of the room. 

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

Kriissii
by on May. 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM

there isn't a ceiling light in our living room but there is a switch that controls an outlet....but of the 5 in the living room it is the only one that works

there is no light in our bedroom but it has the same setup

we have a den that has 2 ceiling lights but only 1 can be on at a time

both of our bathrooms have an exterior wall but no windows

our kitchen counters aren't level....not even close

ah....the joys of renting   =]

WImom2
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM

We own our house but it was built in 1896 and NOTHING in this house was straight. NOTHING. We have torn out 90% of the entire house trying to make it "square". The remodel was riddled with problems from day 1 due to nothing being "square".

wildwiccan83
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

my bed room has 1 outlet but the bathroom has 3...

the light switches are upset down so off is on and on is off in my kitchen

When we moved in the basement door was on upside down

when we moved in the kitchen was carpeted and the living room was tile.... (now of cource i have laminate in the kitchen and hard wood in the living room)

hopeandglory53
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM

This bugs the hell out of me, but we have 2 light switches to our kitchen...and one was apparently installed upside-down, because one will always be in the "on" position, the other "off", when the lights are off. And since it bugs me so damn much, I'm going to say it again...it bugs the HELL out of me!

ptowncards05
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Im a leftie so would love to live there lol!!

KBix
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM

haha are living room and bedrooms have the same issue...we have ceiling fans just no lights at all lol

Quoting Kriissii:

there isn't a ceiling light in our living room but there is a switch that controls an outlet....but of the 5 in the living room it is the only one that works

there is no light in our bedroom but it has the same setup

we have a den that has 2 ceiling lights but only 1 can be on at a time

both of our bathrooms have an exterior wall but no windows

our kitchen counters aren't level....not even close

ah....the joys of renting   =]

Kristina~mommy to Bailian and wife to Brad~

unsuspected
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM

There's no overhead lighting fixtures in ay of the bedrooms.  SUCKS. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)