• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he wont drink water!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

my 7 month old hates water.he will drink is something but other times its like he knows its water and wont drink it.he needs to drink it though..how can i help him like it and drink it?

Lindsey Johnson :)
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meli55aG2001
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I don't think you need to worry about giving him water right now. Breastmilk or formula will provide him with the nutrients that he needs and water is just empty calories. Why do you think he needs to be drinking water?

JesusFreak3345
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Don't worry about it for another couple months

Tiffanie6
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I agree and so will most doctors. he dosnt need water til closer to 12 months.

Army_Wife41
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:43 PM

At 7 months, all he truly needs is formula or breastmilk.

jaelensmom33
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Almost exactly what I would have wrote....  Is there a special reason he needs water?

Quoting Meli55aG2001:

I don't think you need to worry about giving him water right now. Breastmilk or formula will provide him with the nutrients that he needs and water is just empty calories. Why do you think he needs to be drinking water?

lindseyj08
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:45 PM

i mean no but i just always figured  to give him water.like after cereal,help him wash it down? idk thats just what i do i guess.but i guess he doesnt ned it like i thought.

Jenniy
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM

My 5yro hates water, but if I get him Vitamin water he drinks it faster than I can. 

cheekie1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM

really a baby can survive on nothing but breastmilk and formula up until 12 months... i never even started my last two on cereal and other solids until 8/9 months, and if he is nursing or drinking formula, he is getting all the liquid he needs :)

babygomez
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:53 PM

It's good that you've introduced him to water, but it's not nessecary for him to drink it right now..like the other ladies mentioned, all he needs right now is Formula/Breastmilk until about 12 months of age :)

** I introduced my daughter to water when she turned 10 months, she did'nt like it either at first, but i kept giving it to her, now she drinks it just fine...especially when we come in from playing outside...she's 17 months now.

Tracyfly
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Quoting Meli55aG2001:

Water doesn't have any calories so therefore it can't have empty calories.  Water is extremely beneficial and you should encourage your child at an early age to drink water instead of juice, soda, koolaid, etc. I personally would keep offering him water even though he may not need it since he's on formula or breastmilk. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)