Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We got it!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

My mother and I finally got an apartment! If you've read any of my other posts, I'm coming to the end of a terrible marriage that is gettin worse and my kids and I are moving out. We move in just two short weeks and I have half a house to pack! Also..the divorce is on the horizon.. We've printed out the papers we needed and will be going to the courthouse to file them.. That part has me down, despite the terrible outcome of this "marriage" because I'm still having trouble just shutting off the feelings I've had for him for nearly 6 years. But, I know this is all nessecary for my kids and I to start our lives over and hopefully be better than ever. Now I just need to find a job for nights and weekends so I can help with bills while going back to school for my GED. Sigh, sometimes it feels like there's so much on my shoulders and instead of it being lifted, more's being added. But people keep telling me that I am strong and brave and can handle all of this. Sometimes it feels like I'm 42 instead of 22. Sigh again haha. But, I wanted to share my good news! Thanks for anyone who was praying for us!

P.S. I'm looking for a used washer and dryer set!

~MY LIFE~ sweepingdoing laundrywashing dishesapron

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ikesmommy00
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:55 PM

First, CONGRATS!!! I know it's a good feeling knowing you were approved for a place. My hubby, son, & I moved into our 1st place together last weekend...& I looooove it!!!! I know it seems like a lot right now, but you will get thru it & YES stay strong for urself & ur kids!! Btw: look on craigslist in your area for used w/d...you will definitely find everything you need there!! That's how we found our townhome~!

Kaivarii
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Fantastic! I'm so happy for you. Your life is already looking up.

aciredyolf
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I've been searching on craigslist for weeks now haha. And it's actually how I find out apartment too!

JMKristy
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:34 AM

If you live in nevada, I have a used stack-able washer and dryer sitting in my garage!

Congrats on the apartment!! I remember your other posts, and am so happy things are finally working out for you!!!!! Keep you head up and stay strong!!! I know you will find a job soon! It's great that everything is coming together!

aprilsalcro
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:52 AM

congrats !!!

Haynes_mommy
by on May. 3, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't work out with your marriage. But this is a start to a new life for you and your children so congratulations for that. And it's so nice that your mom will be moving with you. I hope everything works our for your family.

TempestRayne
by on May. 3, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)