Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this woman nuts??!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:51 AM
  • 63 Replies
We live 8 hours from my SO's grandma and his brother, justin, who lives with grandma. So of course we don't see them often and rarely see J, justin's son who just turned 2. Grandma asks for household products for gifts at the holidays due to limited funds to pay bills. That's no biggy for us cause we are helping grandma.
So we went recently to see them and take gifts. The kids helped grandma open her tote of household items. My kids pull stuff out, show them to us, we ooh and ahh and the kids give it back. Well i look up and J is handing his mom a shampoo he can't get open. SHE opens it...puts some on her finger and LETS HIM EAT IT!! I WAS DUMB FOUNDED! Then J goes and gets another bottle, takes it to his mom and THE SAME THING HAPPENED!! They did this with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body bar soap, nail polish remover, dish soap, laundry soap, lotion, window cleaner, lysol, bathroom cleaner, dog food and coffee beans. She offered it to MY kids....I about went ape $h!t on her!!! How can a mother KNOWINGLY give this stuff to her child??? I mean i know accidents happen...they eat dirt when you turn your back or something but to HELP open the bottles, get the stuff on your hand and then WATCH and LAUGH at your child eating it??? Am i making to big a deal of this??
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:53 AM

WTF?! That stuff can kill him! Well... some of it!

kansan-moma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Oh my!! Yes she is nuts! To say the least!
Tonya_Colt
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Did you say anything to her? What did she say back? I am completely dumbfounded by it too.

HeartsLove

Ok in my book that's straight out abuse. They can get in a shitload of trouble for that! I think you underreacted, I wouldn't have sat there and let them get a 2nd item into his mouth, I don't care what kind of drama it started. That poor child... I know they're family, but CPS needs to be involved in that

blondemommy23

NO that's crazy!

Mommysmonsters

All I can say what the hell that is so wierd

Brianne036
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:58 AM
Wow
SoLuckysAngel
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I would have absolutely flipped my shit. That poor baby needs to be out of that situation as quickly as possible.

HeartsLove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:02 AM

No wonder G-ma can't keep household items around.... they encourage the child to eat them. I mean really... I'm still stunned no one stopped them

MumsTheWord571
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:02 AM

OMG! most of that stuff is poisonous! the lysol and bathroom cleaner could actually eat through your skin if you get enough of it, or a reaction from the other crap she's popping in his mouth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)