Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

better homes and gardens is against breastfeeding in public! *piog* UPDATE

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:54 AM
  • 70 Replies

has anyone seen this? BH&G wrote an article about dining out with children and in it said that breastfeeding should be taken to the restroom! i don't know about you, but that disgusts me! isn't there a saying that says "don't eat where you $h**"? so what were they thinking?

here's the article:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/the-10-commandments-of-dining-with-little-kids-1466320/

and if you're on facebook---

here's a group for boycotting BH&G:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124124700942548#!/group.php?gid=124124700942548&v=info

and here's BH&G's fan page so you can tell them how you feel about this article:
http://www.facebook.com/mybhg

i went back to look at the article today and noticed that it was edited. i am happy to see that they listened to all of the comments left on their fanpage on fb. :)

i'm a proud young, unmarried, non-vaxing, non-spanking, co-sleeping, nurse-on-demand, disposable diaper using, occasional formula feeding, baby wearing, binkie giving, tattooed, vegetarian, 21 year old SAH momma to a 2 year old little diva and a 7 month old baby boy. i am also MADLY in love with the most amazing guy ever, who just happens to be their father <3

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Haynes_mommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:09 AM

OMG that just pissed me off. I would NEVER breastfeed my child in a bathroom. I wouldn't eat in a bathroom so my child sure isn't going too. That's just gross and unsanitary!!

kissmiss213
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:11 AM

um, yeah. that is so gross. i dont see what the big deal is, they make things (like blankets, lol) that you can cover urself with if it is that big of a deal. geesh, another thing...if it bothers you, dont look! and this is coming from the girl that never bf'ed in public (wasnt my cup o' tea)

momma_gig
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:17 AM

i use a cover up every time i bf'd in public. i have been bf'd going on 8 months now and have NEVER once had anyone say anything to me about it or give me a dirty look. i have sat next to and across from people and they don't have any problem with it. and i agree with you, it is VERY gross to think of bf'ing in a restroom. i still can't get over the line in the article that says "(some good restaurants have really nice restrooms!)" ugh! seriously?

Quoting kissmiss213:

um, yeah. that is so gross. i dont see what the big deal is, they make things (like blankets, lol) that you can cover urself with if it is that big of a deal. geesh, another thing...if it bothers you, dont look! and this is coming from the girl that never bf'ed in public (wasnt my cup o' tea)

i'm a proud young, unmarried, non-vaxing, non-spanking, co-sleeping, nurse-on-demand, disposable diaper using, occasional formula feeding, baby wearing, binkie giving, tattooed, vegetarian, 21 year old SAH momma to a 2 year old little diva and a 7 month old baby boy. i am also MADLY in love with the most amazing guy ever, who just happens to be their father <3

mommyjenn84
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:19 AM

i couldnt do that. and i feel that is totally messed up. babies have to eat too

momma_gig
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:34 AM

BUMP!

JJRsMomma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:39 AM

I'm going to write to them. I used to browse through their mag and visit their sites often too. Not anymore!

mommyof11050307
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Ummm they did;t say anything about breastfeeding in public they were talking about a 5 star restaurant. I don't agree with it but your taking it a lil overboard. No I wouldn't breastfeed or bottle feed my childern in a bathroom nor would i eat in a bathroom.

Fuchia05
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:19 AM

I cant believe that ppl get so offended by breast feeding. Im sorry but when I have my baby you can bet that if my family and I are enjoying a meal and my baby is hungry I will feed her right there and if anyone doesnt like it they can look away and mind there own business like they should have been doing to begin with. The way I see it is if it offends you put a blanket over Your head!!

LizzieAnnesMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:22 AM

So you want to boycott a magazine because they share different views than you. This view is shared by alot of people. Including myself

JJRsMomma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:22 AM

I love Fuchia05's last sentence. It's very true!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)