Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Side Dishes

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM
  • 25 Replies

I have been invited to go to a memorial day party Monday but asked to bring a dish. Any ideas on something cheap & easy to make?

Also I have been getting my sons pictures done every month since birth. I have never been able to get all the pics they take bc we just cant afford it. We got his 12 month pics done & I think they may be the best yet. They have this thing where you can purchase a brag book that has most of the pictures in it from the session. The price is 1 for $15 or 2 for $20. I really cant afford an extra $15 or $20 but I dont want to miss out on these pictures. I would have to take the money out of savings, but what would yall do? Skip or splurge & get it & if you choose to get it would you get 1 or both?

*~Megan~*

in loveMegan & Patrick (12/23/2003)breastfeeding(Nathan 05/09/2009)

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poptart0325
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Macaroni & cheese is always a good side dish.  Or macaroni salad!

We've always had the same problem when we get pictures taken of our DD.  She is 21 months old and we splurged on her 1st birthday pictures.  If these are your favorite pictures yet, I would splurge and maybe both!  lol.

sweettigeress
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Potato salad, baked beans, taco salad, dip with chips, chips and salsa, a fruit try, a veggie tray. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Shutterfly.com for the picture book!

"God is an invention of Man. So the nature of God is only a shallow mystery. The deep mystery is the nature of man."

mgnlee6
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I actually use shutterfly for the pics I take with my camera but since we got them professionally done I cant get the brag book from there. Thanks though

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Shutterfly.com for the picture book!

*~Megan~*

in loveMegan & Patrick (12/23/2003)breastfeeding(Nathan 05/09/2009)

jennypinfargo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Pasta Salad so easy, get the colored noodles cook and ad a bottle of Italian dressing and chopped up veggies, cheese or pepporini (or combination of any of it)  Or just get a box of suddenly Salad :-)  Or get some cans of baked beans and put in a crock pot you can cut up hotdogs and put in them for beans and wennies.

ponceswife
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Does it have to be a side dish? Can it be a dessert?

I love mud pie... Chocolate pudding, cool whip, and oreo cookies!

If it is for a lot of people I would recommend two boxes of pudding, one big container of cool whip, and one pack of cookies!

YUMMY!

LogansMommy0328
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Can u bring dessert I did a ice cream sandwich cake.
Things u will need
2 boxes of ice cream sandwiches or more if u need more.

Cool wipe the amount depends on how much sandwiches u get.

A pan I like u put in the oven the rectangular ones work well amount of pans depends on how much you make.

Spatula

Its very cheap just line the ice cream sandwiches up side to side u may have to put some horizontaly. You can do on or two layers of sandwiches of you want.

Spread cool whip on top if you do 2 layers put the cool whip in between the 1st and 2nd layer also cover with foil and put it in the freezer until you need it believe me it is so good and everybody loved it when I made it and its cheap and easy to make

As for the pictures personally I would get on brag book that's not a bad deal to me good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianne036
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:15 PM
I take pre made cheese cake filling and put it in a plastic bag with a hole in the corner and squeeze it onto grahm crackers. Top with fruit or choc syrup etc. You can use a icing spout to make these prettier. Feed 25 people a snack for 10$ or less
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Craziirabbit
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Brianne036:

I take pre made cheese cake filling and put it in a plastic bag with a hole in the corner and squeeze it onto grahm crackers. Top with fruit or choc syrup etc. You can use a icing spout to make these prettier. Feed 25 people a snack for 10$ or less

interesting never thought of that one and you could make them all different by adding strawberry sauce or cherries or chocolate...etc

Jello's cheescake filling is only like $1 and some change

Brianne036
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Frito pie is good to.
My family likes it like this

Brown ground meat(how much depends on how many your feeding)
Add it to crocpot with chilli mix ,a can of rotels per pound of meat, a can or two of whole kernel corn(drain some juice) and I add black beans to make it go further.

I feed five people with seconds on 1-1 1/2 pounds of meat.

Pour over corn chips add cheese sour cream or anything else

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)