Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you have college degrees?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM
  • 42 Replies

I just noticed  that none of my friends have college degrees except for a few. Im in college now for nursing, but am wondering why Im getting so much grief from my family and friends about going back to school. Do any of you have college degrees or are you going back to school, and how did you handle school and kids?

pregnancy calendar
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tictactara03
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM

i just graduated college this december and am preggo with my first...so i cant help much im afraid!  I know alot of ppl that juggles school and kids tho and were perfectly happy and not too stressed!  you can do it mama!

CafeMom Tickers
Racheldora
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I have an A.A. I got it before i had my dd though.

Good luck! It can never hurt to go back to school.

DylansMom213
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Yeah I actually just graduated in December with my bachelor's.  It was hard because I had my son last year in February...but I just put my head down and did my best. I'm glad I did it! Sorry I can't give much better advice than that but all I  can tell you is do your best and you'll get through it...it won't last forever.

Kyliees_mommy08
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM

working on it...i go back in august

jennypinfargo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I have a degree in Graphic Arts I got it before I had kids and before I even met DH.  I graduated from Collage when I was 19.

Jenn8604
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I do I do I do. I graduated with honors for my certificate of proficency paralegal and my associates in applied science paralegal just last wednesday.

Oh yeah and I have one friend who has a music degree in teaching. Other than that I have no friends with degrees. Oh and one who will graduate next spring to become my 2nd freind with a degree.

Please join me at Midnight working moms. A place for all you moms who have to work midnights.

Kylie819
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I went to school full time for four years.  My daughter was born at the end of the summer after my freshman year.  I started soph year when she was two weeks old.  I worked part time to full time, depending on my class load over those years.  DD went to a home daycare most of the time, and sometimes my mom would watch her.  I got through those four years on sheer determination (and no sleep) lol.  But I'm glad I did!  I have degrees in education and psychology.

Manda046
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I am going back to college this fall. I have a 2 and 3 year old. I stay home with them now. I wonder how I am going to handle it all, but I know alot of mommies that do! So I can too! : )

lilmom2b3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

i am wanting to go to school for nursing! jus not sure on how to approach it!

kissmiss213
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:57 PM

i got my AAAS in cosmetology after i had 2 of my kids. i was 5 mos preggers actually when i graduated. as for handling school and kids, well, i didnt work, so i was in school until 2:30 and then i would come home and dh would go to work. we didnt do daycare (still dont). and its not like cosmetology is the hardest subject in the world...i really didnt have a lot of homework. right now dh is in college going for an accounting degree, and im working around his school schedule. its tough, but i am a firm believer that a little sacrafice for the betterment of all of us u know? you can SO do this. anyone that gives u crap about going back to school really doesnt have your best interest in heart, so tell them to shut it! and CONGRATS for going! alot of people dont go to college after havng kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)