Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

don't you want anything else?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

my 3 1/2 yr old has always been a great eater.  she will, for the most part, eat anything i give her!!!  however, this last week i can't seem to get her to eat anything but PB & J sandwiches!  breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks... that's ALL she wants!!! 

are your kids going through a certain food phase?  how do you get them to eat something else besides the one thing they want?!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LuckyTat
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM

My nephew went through a phase of orange.  And i don't mean he ate only oranges, he would only eat orange colored food!  He got over it in a few weeks.  My daughter is the same as yours, she'll eat pretty much anything, but sometimes she just gets in a chicken nugget mood. lol  Try making him different pb&j themed things? like... peanut butter celery?  uuum.. jelly toast, peanut butter waffles, cant think of anything else

squishylove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM

My daughter goes through phases and it drives me crazy because I never know when it's going to end.  For like a week she'll eat bananas, but then suddenly she refuses to eat them.  That's how she is with everything though.  For awhile she loved blueberries but won't touch them now.  The only food she's never gotten tired of and wants to eat with every meal and every snack is yogurt.  Any kind, any flavor, any brand.  She loves it all.

wildwiccan83
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:06 PM

my son did this with pbj and then m&c. I asked my PED because i was worried about his nutrition but she said it is normal and wont hurt them in the least. I got to the point though where i would tell him he could have m&c but only if he ate _____ first just so he wouldnt get used to getting his way. After all I'm mom not a personal chef.

sweettigeress
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM

My DD says she wants a peanut butter sandwich, but she never eats it. So I never give her one. loL!

miller060905
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM

haha... riley does that with bananas.  she throws a fit til we give her one then only takes one bite and that's it.  but she is eating the pb & j.  she at 3 for breakfast this morning, 1 for a snack, and just had 2 for lunch!

Quoting sweettigeress:

My DD says she wants a peanut butter sandwich, but she never eats it. So I never give her one. loL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)