Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if this happened to you???

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 36 Replies

Ok so this is what happene to was probably about 2wks before i was scheduled to go for my c-section.

anyways dh, myself, our son, and my nephew went to walmart and usually when im out and about i get dirty looks from allkinds of people, but to me this was uncalled for.

when dh and i got walmart we split up dh took the boys to go look at toys and i went lookn for something i could get for my sister for her bday and finally ended up in front of the cosmetics area. as i was standing there trying to pick out a nail polish for my sister this black man looked at me and than turned and told his wife "thats foul for her to be that young and pregnant" and i was being noisey he said loud enough for me to hear. i almost started crying, but than his wife told him "thats not foul thats god making a miracle happen" than she turned to me and asked how far along i was and when i was due and i told her and she told me i looked beautiful and she told me that i was gunna be a good mother i told her i already have a 3yr old. and she said wow your gonna have fun i said im already having fun.

her husband just continued to give me a dirty look. but not once did he try and ask how old i was or if was married or anything it just pissed me off i was so hurt. usually i don't care about the dirty looks i get for being a young mother or anything else for that matter but this hurt my feelings i was literally at aloss for words...........i mean i wanted to yell at him but i couldn't think of anything to say that would hurt his feeling like he hurt mine.

anyways im kinda curious what would you ladies do if something like this happen to you? has something like this ever happen to you?

"Is my love your drug?"-Kesha

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I am older so I don't get those looks or snyde comments, but you bet your @ss if I did, I would put those people in their place. I can't stand people who judge!

All my friends got pregnant in 6th and 7th grade.... I could see saying something about them, but if you are over 18 then SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:22 PM

One time an older lady on the bus told me I was to young, and I should have had an abortion, and she hoped that I miscarry.  I was 17.  I started crying on the bus, and some random guy was like "look lady, that was really rude, and I think everyone would appreciate it if you kept your piece of mind to yourself."   I would just try not to let it bother you, people have their own opinions, and know that his wife probably talked to him later lol.  At least she was nice, and said some very nice things

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM
When I was going to my birthing class before dd was born, I was at a vending machine deciding on a snack and a lady stopped by and said omg you are absolutely adorable! And kept walking. I was probably 33 weeks. I'm only 22 and engaged. If someone said a rude comment I'd be the first to shoot back "with my fulltime job, my fiancée, and the support of my friends and family, I don't need a negative opinion like yours. I've got my own thanks :)"

Keep your chin up and keep doin what you're doing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM
I got them still get them when my son is at the store with me. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM

i have gotten a few dirty looks but i have never had anyone say anything to me that was rude. im not sure what i would do if it happened.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I am 29, and I was 22 when I had my first.  I look young for my age.  Everyone tells me that I am too young to have three boys, with my oldest almost done with kindergarten.  I guess I have just gotten use to it.  I just laugh to myself because when I get old I will still look young and they will all be jelous of me!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:26 PM

i got those remarks with both of my pregnancies. The last time I flipped and told the lady I rather be young and be able to have fun with my kids rather than be an old goat like her and not be able to have fun with my kids (she looked 50 with a baby in the stroller) 

by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I am 23 with 3 children. I look alot younger then I am, and I really don't care what people say. I was recently asked how old my children were. I said, "7, 22 months, and 4 months". They looked at me and said, "What, did you start having children when you were 10?" I was like, "I'm not that young, but thanks."

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM

My responce would have been

"no hun foul is a man your age who still hasn't learned any manners or common courtesy"

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I will be 29 soon, but people say I look really young like 18-20. My hubby is 32 and looks in his early 20s. When we go out people always give us looks because my son is almost 5 and my daughter is almost 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)