Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a healthy eater ?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:02 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you eat healthfully ?

Options:

Yes , always !

Sometimes

No , we like it processed !

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 47

View Results

I was just wondering if you think that you eat healthy ? We eat very healthy , mostly bc of how I was raised . Whole foods , freash food , free range/horamon free meats , whole grains , lots of veggies  . Thats what food is to me , but I know a LOT of ppl my age who dont even know how to peel a potatoe for goodness sake . Make everything out of a box . Am I really the odd ?? LOL .

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fitmama22
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:11 PM

i'm right there with you* i make 90 percent homemade, rarely used prepackaged foods. right now i'm 32 weeks pregnant but after this baby i want to continue with my weightloss which will be another 50lbs or so and i can't do it eating mac n cheese and hamburger helper ;)) LoL* good on you for setting your family up with a healthy lifestyle for life!! =))

LOL =))

Loving, sarcastic, almost always happy mommy and wife...God is good and life is beautiful!!! My blessings are Gianna Bernadette born 11-18-08 and our newest addition, our BOY due July 18th, 2010 =))

littlelambe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I was raised the same... boo hoo for no fruit roll-ups and "sugar-cereal" as my mom liked to call it! I'm not quite as healthful as an eater as when I was a kid (we do have some "sugar-cereal" in the house for my hubby), but I make 95% homemade foods. The odd time I'll use stuffing in a box or something, but just cause my husband favors that more. We never buy packaged sweets - I make all my own cookies, pies, cakes, etc.... I know what you mean - some people our age don't know how to boil a pot of water ! lol

shanda0914
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM

No i don't eat healthy but i want to oh so bad i just can't stay away from the fatty greasy sugary foods yummy

kremmels
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:28 PM
I use to but where I'm at I can't it has to be quick easy and can only dirty one two tops (pans)or we get cussed up and down etc so as soon as we get our own place I will be again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife2009101
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Im in the process of making us healthy. We recently just quit eating frozen foods. I now make french fries and everything myself. The only thing in my freezer is meat. We also stopped eating sugars, fatty foods, and grease. So....Im in the process. We was raised with tv dinners and hamburger helper shit. I would NEVER feed my family that garbage.

shamillionaire
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I was but now that I am pregnant I have been eating fast food and things I never would touch if I wasn't pregnant.

cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:36 PM

bump

sweettigeress
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I love cooking with fresh ingredients. However, we do have our quick meal days. 

A lot of people think cooking from scratch is more healthy for you, however...that's not always the case. lol!

Kendra0707
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:55 PM

no

kansan-moma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM

you arent odd. :) You are healthy!  We don't eat hardly anything processed. My husband does when we go out to eat, but I try to get the healthiest things on the menu...lol and my dd zai has never had ANYTHING at all that is processed! :) (she is 8mths)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)