Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you have expected a certain sex, then SURPRISE its different!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:46 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm having my 20 week ultrasound this friday and I really really want to know the sex. However my fiance doesnt want to know. He says they are always wrong. He has 4 girls from a prior relationship and told me the ultrasound tech told them that 2 of the pregnancies were boys.  I'm just curious about your thoughts on how accurate the ultrasounds are!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_girl07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Both of mine were plain as day girls! there was no mistaking them. and they are both definatley girls now lol

here is my youngest...oldest looks the same lol

mommy2boys1and3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:50 PM

It can happen well with me it happened once out of three but they told me that my last one was going to be another boy and it was a girl which i thought of all along

HotMommaStout
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I had three boys and all three times they said boy. The last time I was convinced it was a girl but the ultrasound showed my wrong in a BIG way lol

Susannah

miller060905
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:54 PM

they were right with both of mine.  but i have a friend who has 4 boys and was told it was a girl with 2 of them and another friend who was told she was having a boy right up until 2 days before she gave birth... lol... they did an ultrasound and said "oh... wait, that's a girl!" 

miller060905
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:55 PM

um... yea that would be hard to mistake for anything other than a boy!

Quoting HotMommaStout:

I had three boys and all three times they said boy. The last time I was convinced it was a girl but the ultrasound showed my wrong in a BIG way lol

kristin_1984
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:56 PM

i have three kids and the ultrasound tech was right with all three.maybe you should do a pole to see how many got wrongly told.

HotMommaStout
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I know...but I kept secretly hoping they were somehow wrong until the end lol

I wouldn't trade him for a zillion girls though~

Quoting miller060905:

um... yea that would be hard to mistake for anything other than a boy!

Quoting HotMommaStout:

Susannah

butterflyblu
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Both of mine were very OBVIOUS boys.  I had no doubts that they were going to come out boys.  My SIL actually was told she was having a boy and surprise!  It was a girl!  I think it all depends on the position of the baby and the skill level of the ultrasound tech. 

jeenw1019
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM

i thought for sure we were having a boy and my DH comes from a family of all boys but my hubby was right and we have a sweet little girl.  

jcsmummy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM

my oldest was a 'boy'. except she came out missing a few parts. my youngest they said was a boy, and he most definetly is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)