Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone use Dreft?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

My baby shower is next weekend and I know I'll get clothes and onsies etc. I want to wash it all before he is here so its all good and ready to go when he gets here. I've heard many say I should use Dreft and others say they never have.. whats the point of Dreft detergent for babies? Is it worth using or is it not really a big deal?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

I'm pro life, circumcising, breast feeding, pro spanking Mom. I'm a ford driving, gun carrying , patriotic, conservative mom!  

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Army_Wife41
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Well...the reason you are supposed to wash the baby's clothes in a mild detergent...is in case the baby has sensetive skin. There is less of a chance for the baby ot have a reaction to it. But in all honesty, if you are going to buy someething different, I would go with something like "All Free and Clear" or another detergent like that. Dreft still has a lot of stuff in it...where as a 'free and clear' detergent has much fewer enzymes/perfumes etc.

I have used Dreft...and it works fine. But we use All Free and Clear now. It is fairly inexpensive, and works great. Good luck,

paranoiacomplex
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Nah it's too expensive.  I use "All Free and Clear" no dye, no purfume, no additives.  It's cheaper and works great!

lovemynutterbut
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM

no extra chemicals or fragances added so it won't irrate babies skin!!!!!! I used it for my first until she was almost 2 because she has sensitive skin and I use it for all my babies stuff now Im due in 5 days

sdwyer
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM

I use dreft to wash all of my 5 month old's clothes, towels, blankets, etc. Some babies have really sensitive skin so any other type of detergent that's not hypo allergenic can be too rough on their skin. My friend never used dreft for her kids because they never had any negative reactions to regular detergent.

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM
I used it for my son but that stuff is so heavily perfumed I wonder how good it really is for their skin I use ecos for my daughter. Much cheaper and it works for all of our clothes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:01 AM

I didn't.... all free and clear wasn't available when i had babies either. I just washed baby clothes in the same soap we used, then ran it through a second cycle to make sure it was rinsed well and the soap residue was gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)