• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your bedroom off limits??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 AM
  • 72 Replies
Is your bedroom off limits to the kid(s)? My kids can come in my room anytime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeziiRee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:55 AM

no its not bc his bed is in there right now. we are helping out some friends and we only have a 2 bedroom home so they have his room. but he has been in our room since right before he turned 2 we were trying to get things fixed and it was easier to use his room as storage.

jessica39232
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Nope not off limit in our house.  I would never want my kids to feel they weren't allowed in a part of the house.  If we have things to keep from them they are in a lock box or put away.  I never understand why people do this. 

JMKristy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:57 AM

nope, mine isn't off limits either! we like to hang out in my room and watch cartoons! we also lay in my bed and just talk. and i let the kids crawl into bed with me when they want.

Fayad.mommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:02 AM
Nope not at all. My son comes in our room and we watch tv and he helps with folding laundry and making my bed. He loves to help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
volsbaby
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM

NOpe the only time my room is off limits only when my door is closed and that is only because my son is now 7 years old and it bothers me for him to see get me dressed other than that they are welcome and that's the only time my door is closed is when im dressing or undressing

holly_peacock
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:06 AM

mine is off limits because my kids get into everything.  our bathroom sink/ mirror is on the outside of the bathroom in our room, so all of my hair stuff, nail stuff, and makeup is in our room.  and also, the drawers of our nightstand dont have locks, so they can get into things they arent suppost to in there to.  it use to be ok for them to come in because they wouldnt get into stuff, and they didnt open drawers, but one morning i woke up and there was makeup all over the walls.  they broke my favorite lamp another time.  so for now, its off limits, unless mommy or daddy are in there

Mommy2Nicholas8
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:41 AM
Yea I can't understand..when I was about 9 my mom had this friend and her kids couldn't go in her room. I remember going in there and she told me not to touch her bed.

Quoting jessica39232:

Nope not off limit in our house.  I would never want my kids to feel they weren't allowed in a part of the house.  If we have things to keep from them they are in a lock box or put away.  I never understand why people do this. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HotMommaStout
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM

No not off limits. There are times I've been tempted though, like when our then 2 year old went into my dresser and took out a tube of Dickalicious and a tube of Good Head and finger painted our duvet cover with it!! LMAO

ALOUDWHISPER
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:46 AM

no altohugh sometimes i wish it was the baby sleeps in with us i don't have anywhere else to put her yet but honestly it drives me nuts when my b/f will put a movie on in there for the kids & they are laying on the bed thats partly why i got a tv in my sons room they can watch it in ther grrr it really drove me nuts the other day i spent $420 on a brand new bed & new sheets & washed our blankets & the kids are on there watching a movie ugh it doesn't bother me if the kids come in if we are in there but i'd prefer they stay out for the most part.

5peasinapod07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Our room is not off limits, most of the time the kids are not allowed in there alone because they get into stuff but if my hubby and I are in there its ok.  We all snuggle on the bed and watch movies or they attempt to help fold laundry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)