Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleeping through the night..... toddlers

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:58 AM
  • 9 Replies

im embarrassed to say my DD has never slept through the night.

EVER

she usually wakes 3 times a night. she sleeps in our bed and i hate that too.

her dad is adamant that she stay with us a while longer. (in his culture its unheard of for babies to separate from parents especially mothers)

i believe she would sleep better on her own in her own bed. hmmm parenting one of those things you have to compromise with your beliefs and SO.

please tell me im not the only mother of a 2yr old that is a crap sleeper.

Breastfed/self weaned(19mths), Nigerian Australian toddler

baby

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sweettigeress
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM

My dd has been sleeping through the night since she was 4m old. She wakes up here and there to pee or if she has a bad dream. But that's it. I also think your dd would sleep better on her own. Your dd is no longer a baby and the longer you keep that up the harder it will be to move her into a bed of her own. You need your sleep too.

rockinmomto2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Of course she would sleep better on her own! So would you. She needs to learn to sleep on her own for her future benefit. You really need to make it known to your husband that she'll benefit greatly from learning to sleep in her own bed.

LogansMommy0328
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:29 AM
My son didn't sleep through the night until about 14 months shortly after our daughter was born thank god! But I totally agree that you little one will sleep better on her own if you have to put her down with something to drink (I don't do this to ofter cuz it could cause ear infections) there are those times where he just has a hard time sleeping I give my son warm milk and he knock right out there are those time where he wakes in the middle of the night but I let him do his whineing he dosent cry just fusses a little but he needs to know and so does your daughter that its time for bed so just be firm that's how I did it and my son sleeps great although my 8 month old daughter still gets up 1-2 times a night she still sleeps great hope u can get your sleep soon you need it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christine.r2624
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM

My son was this way until I put him in a toddler bed in his own room. He never slept well in his crib and always wanted to sleep with me, so around 14 or 15 months out came his big boy bed. It worked. Good luck with your husband... I really dont know what to tell you if hes so against it.

mrs.pyle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:43 AM

i agree with your husband BUT to compromise, why dont you put her down to sleep in her own bed, and then let her crawl in later like around 1-4? thats what we do and it works out well. 

jking48444
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM

My dd has been sleeping through the night since she was about a month old. I have never let her sleep in our bed with us, I didn't even want to start that habit. We don't have a huge bed and I don't feel like getting kicked in the face while I am sleeping, lol

What about buying something special for her bed so that she feels special sleeping in her own bed. Maybe a fancy little night light, or new princess bedding.... new pillows. Just some ideas.

haydsmom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM

well i think she's only doing that because she's sleeping with you........ i don't know what to tell you about your husband.

HotMommaStout
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Since they were babies, all three.

I agree that it may be because she's in your bed. 2 adults moving around in their sleep wakes a kid up pretty easily(depending on the kid). It works for mom's with kids who are heavy sleepers, but since she isn't I think it would be better for her to be in her own room, because she still needs a lot of sleep at that age...

FolasadesMom
by on May. 28, 2010 at 5:30 AM

i agree!

i put her in her own bed every night.. and bam around 1 am i wakeup to find little feet digging into my belly and her arms wrapped around my face..

Ive heard her wake up too! she stirs and he goes to her "you want to sleep with mommy?"... grrrrr...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)