Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions about post pregnant bodies after second child*added queastion

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM
  • 14 Replies

so..... the husband keeps talking about having another little one.....

i however am not down with that, and only (call me selfish if you want) because i had a really traumatizing pregnancy. long story short i had hyperemesis to the point where i had to live in the hospital during part of my pregnancy.  we thought we were going to lose ds but then we found something that helped with nausea, then i was forced to gain a lot of weight really quickly. 

well, that was too much weight. i lost it all and no one can tell that i was ever that much but im scared it will happen again. i lIKE the fact that i dont look like i had a kid, and i dont want to have to get a tummy tuck or anything after the second, but i also want a healthy child.... 

so, the question is.... for those of you that LOST the baby weight after your second, do you look like you have two kids? how is it different than after the first one? 

** did any of you WORKOUT during your pregnancy? did you find it to be helpful or too strenuous? 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HotMommaStout
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I have three and I don't look like I have any....but I think the way a woman's body looks after pregnancy is largely genetic. So I recommend looking for an older family member with your body type who has given birth more than once and ask them how their body bounced back after each pregnancy. I'm built exactly like my grandma...who had 8 kids and was still rail thin. You can also just observe to see what their body looks like now...but some of the damage may be due to aging long after pregnancy rather than the effects of pregnancy on their body.

sweettigeress
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM

O.o

KyliesMom5107
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I think it all depends on how much weight you gain with each baby & if you actually work to get it off after.  With my first, I gained 28 lbs & went back right away to my pre-preg weight.  With my 2nd, I gained 25 lbs & I weighed less than my pre-preg weight within 2 weeks of giving birth (partly due to post-pardum & not eating).  It's been 7 months & I weigh less than I did before giving birth to my first, but my body is proportioned differently now - I have a pooch that I can't seem to get rid of, but that's from having 2 c-sections!! lol

As long as you work-out & eat right afterwards you'll be fine.   Both my kids were 9 lbs, 9 oz & you can't tell I've had 2 kids!!  Good luck mama!

.Eveningstar.
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM

I have two kids, and no one can believe I have any at all. Every one's body is different, some people can loose the weight some people can't, if you were able to the first time, chances are your would a second time.

Only thing is, I would be more worried about having a bad pregnancy again, that would be my main concern in deciding whether or not to have another.

Good luck.

TempestRayne
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I had three and most people were surpirsed to hear that I had even one. Most of how well you recover is genetic and if you recovered well the first time and you are young you should be good to go the next time around.

momma_lizzie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM

as long as you don't have a c-section you shouldn't need a tummy tuck

that is kinda why i got all my kidds out of the way... i've never been super tiny i've been 140ish my whole life but right now after 4 weeks of having my third i'm 200... having babies so close together and not getting to lose the previous baby weight sucks... but now i can focus on getting me back and not worring about getting prego again once i worked so hard to get my body back lol

mamatozakary
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM

with my first kid i gained 50 lbs and could only lose 20 of it after he was born. still almost 2 years after i still couldn't lose any of it even though i tried very hard. then i ended up getting pregnant with my second baby and i gained about 35 with him and i lost it all within 9 months and i've lost 15 more since then. my youngest is 20 months old and i have 15 lbs to get to my pre kids weight.

mrs.pyle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM

thats a bigger issue for me. it was hell from the start its supposed to be the best time... *snickers*

Quoting .Eveningstar.:

I have two kids, and no one can believe I have any at all. Every one's body is different, some people can loose the weight some people can't, if you were able to the first time, chances are your would a second time.

Only thing is, I would be more worried about having a bad pregnancy again, that would be my main concern in deciding whether or not to have another.

Good luck.

mrs.pyle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

im pretty anti c section so i think ill be ok in that department :) thats another reason why hes pressing it because i am still nursing my 28 month old and im deff getting a breastlift but dh is saying only AFTER i nurse a second kid or we decide not to have another one and adopt because he doesnt want to pay for two surgeries. 

Quoting momma_lizzie:

as long as you don't have a c-section you shouldn't need a tummy tuck

that is kinda why i got all my kidds out of the way... i've never been super tiny i've been 140ish my whole life but right now after 4 weeks of having my third i'm 200... having babies so close together and not getting to lose the previous baby weight sucks... but now i can focus on getting me back and not worring about getting prego again once i worked so hard to get my body back lol

mrs.pyle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM

i did i got a personal trainer and then when my sessions were up slowly started making a home gym. i eat a clean diet i always have except when i was pregnant! lol  oh and have you done reverse crunches? they are AWESOME for that lower belly pouch!

Quoting KyliesMom5107:

I think it all depends on how much weight you gain with each baby & if you actually work to get it off after.  With my first, I gained 28 lbs & went back right away to my pre-preg weight.  With my 2nd, I gained 25 lbs & I weighed less than my pre-preg weight within 2 weeks of giving birth (partly due to post-pardum & not eating).  It's been 7 months & I weigh less than I did before giving birth to my first, but my body is proportioned differently now - I have a pooch that I can't seem to get rid of, but that's from having 2 c-sections!! lol

As long as you work-out & eat right afterwards you'll be fine.   Both my kids were 9 lbs, 9 oz & you can't tell I've had 2 kids!!  Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)