Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Death Row Pen Pal! PIOG

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM
  • 139 Replies
I thought about this the past few days. I have decided I don't care if I get bashed, its the right thing to do. It takes a huge hearted person to write to an inmate of any kind. Death row takes an even bigger commitment. These men need pen pals. They sit in a dark cell for 23 hours a day, having only one recerational hour a day. This hour is also spent in a cell, alone. They have the same schedule everyday, which can cause depression to set in, and sometimes phycosis. I recently read an account of a man who is serving 99 years on death row. He was charged with aggravated murder (he didn't directly kill the guy but knew about it). He had a "friend" with him on death row. They would play "games" like chess, checkers, and dungeons and dragons by calling out moves through their doors. One day his "friend" told him to leave him alone. He refused visits, mail, and recreation. Two weeks later he was put in confidment for spreading his own feces on himself and slitting his wrists with razor blades. Some of these inmated have no family and get nothing to look foward to. There is a face behind the monster. Many are commited very young and have outgrown their actions. So please, if your interested to hear more PM me. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! I realize I am going to get bash. I will only answer honest questions in replies here. I don't have time to entertain drama. And like I said...if you want info to be private....message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Kylie2708
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM

BUMP!

CMatyk
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM

are you not scared of inmates having your home address? this would be my main concern..

CMatyk
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM

bump

JADIEBUG
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM

They get what they deserve. No sympathy from me.

activitymode
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM

yeah lets make friends with someone who did something so terrible they end up on deathrow.  You have daddy issues.

MoM.i.aM
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM
No, I know one woman who has been doing this 30 years. She has never gotten a visit. I also know another woman form the UK that was asked to attend a execution because she was all he had. She saw him before the execution for an hour. The gaurd told him to hang up the phone and he told her "see you in 20". She got to see all the gaurds walk into the death chamber saying that they couldn't wait for it to be over so they could go home. When she walked in he was strapped to the gurny. When asked his last words he thanked her for everything. As the started the drugs he noticed her crying and smiled and mouthed "Its OK....I love you". Saddiest story I have ever heard!

Quoting CMatyk:

are you not scared of inmates having your home address? this would be my main concern..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoM.i.aM
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Thanks all to bumping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sam.Marie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I understand that they are human but they commited the crime, they knew that there would be punishment for what they did!!

shanda0914
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM

WOW that is really sad that's good he appreciated everything she did

Quoting MoM.i.aM:

No, I know one woman who has been doing this 30 years. She has never gotten a visit. I also know another woman form the UK that was asked to attend a execution because she was all he had. She saw him before the execution for an hour. The gaurd told him to hang up the phone and he told her "see you in 20". She got to see all the gaurds walk into the death chamber saying that they couldn't wait for it to be over so they could go home. When she walked in he was strapped to the gurny. When asked his last words he thanked her for everything. As the started the drugs he noticed her crying and smiled and mouthed "Its OK....I love you". Saddiest story I have ever heard!

Quoting CMatyk:

shawnalovesdon0
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)