Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Workout DVDs

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM
  • 31 Replies

I've lost about 20 pounds in the past two months.  Along with watching what I'm eating, I've been working out to a Jillian Michaels DVD.  Well, I'm starting to get really bored with the DVD.  I'm ready to find a new one to workout with.  I don't want anyone bashing me because I don't get outside to exercise or go to the gym.  Workout DVDs are a lot easier for me because I don't have to leave the house with my DD.  I can just pop it in while my DD's asleep and get a good 30 minute to an hour workout in.

So can anyone recommend any good workout DVDs?  Maybe ones that you've tried that you just love or ones you've heard good things about.  Thanks!  :)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sam.Marie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM

umm I like the dancing with the stars one or one that my hubby has benifited from is carmen electra's stripaerobics

Mom2Kylie2708
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM

BUMP!

saduncan
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I've done the Carmen Electra with the Jillian Michaels, but I get bored too.  I've been looking for something a little more focused on abs and back fluff (lets just say, I saw a pic of myself in my new swimsuit and am not happy).

barrelracer1699
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I like the new fit wave by the firm!! But you really have to have the wave for it to work!!! I have found it at walmart half the price of online but I really like that!!! Or if you have WII I had started using the My fitness coach on that!!!

Rav3ness
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

i use to use a ton before i got pregnant! my favorite is my fitness coach (shes intense so brace yourself) its for the wii system. i think i paid 30.00 for it about 1yr ago. i was getting bored with her and then bought the jillian michaels BL dvd and couldnt make it past day 2 hahahaha! so i praise you for making it with her!

Tictactara03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM

ive also done jillian michaels...and wii! lol wii fit and the trainors really do help!  everyones been talking about p90x lately but i havent decided if im gonna try it or not after this baby...it has great reviews but its expensive

poptart0325
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Haha those Jillian Michaels DVDs are intense!  I can't remember the exact name of the one I have.. but I remember the first week doing it.. I couldn't get past the warm-up without feeling like I was going to die.  lol.

Quoting Rav3ness:

i use to use a ton before i got pregnant! my favorite is my fitness coach (shes intense so brace yourself) its for the wii system. i think i paid 30.00 for it about 1yr ago. i was getting bored with her and then bought the jillian michaels BL dvd and couldnt make it past day 2 hahahaha! so i praise you for making it with her!

poptart0325
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Unfortunately I don't have a Wii.  :(  I want one so bad though.  I hear great things about the Wii Fit.  My birthday is coming up in July though... maybe I'll finally get one!

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I like the new fit wave by the firm!! But you really have to have the wave for it to work!!! I have found it at walmart half the price of online but I really like that!!! Or if you have WII I had started using the My fitness coach on that!!!

momamouse07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM

"10 minute solution" fat blasting dance mix with jenifer glardi......I bought it at kmart but i think walmart sellsthem too. She has a website also  www.jennifergalardi.com

I did this before i was pregnant and absolutely loved it. It felt more like dancing instead of working out. Plus the boys really liked the music so they "danced" right along with me. the one i have lets you pick and choose between 5 different types of workouts and they are all 10 mins a piece. believe me once you do it, you'll feel like you were doing it longer than 10 mins.

Now that im pregnant i do "fit & firm pregnancy" with denise austin. but i dont like it as much. kinda semi boring. but gotta take it easy because of the pregnancy i guess.

momamouse07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:39 PM

a friend of mine does the p90x and she loves it. she has really lost the weight but also really toned up. its suposed to work pretty well but it is pricey

Quoting Tictactara03:

ive also done jillian michaels...and wii! lol wii fit and the trainors really do help!  everyones been talking about p90x lately but i havent decided if im gonna try it or not after this baby...it has great reviews but its expensive

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)