Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CASEIN FREE DIET???

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

OKAY SO MY SON HAD BLOOD WORK DONE AND APPARENTLY HE HAS SOME FOOD ALLERGIES, I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONES YET, BUT I'M POSITIVE CASEIN IS ONE OF THEM.

SO I'M PUTTING HIM ON A CASEIN FREE DIET AND I'M SUPER CONFUSED...... CAN HE HAVE SOY MILK?

HELP FROM ANYONE WHO'S DOING THIS DIET PLEASE... I NEED ALL THE HELP I COULD GET. =0)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TempestRayne
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Just checked your profile and saw that your LO has autism? alot of kids what are sensitive to casein cannot tolerate soy either.  there are other milk replacements out there though. there's Darifree, which is a potato based milk, Rice Dream which is rice based and several comapnies make almond milk. Does your son have a lot of tummy issues? Will you be eliminating gluten and phenol as well?  A great book about the diet is "unraveling the mystery of Autism and PPD" by Karyn Seroussi.

AllaboutMyboys
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I HAVE A COOK BOOK AND TWO OTHER BOOKS ON THE GLUTEN AND CASEIN FREE DIET. I'M JUST TRYING HARD TO AVOID IT.

I'M WAITING FOR FURTHER TESTING TO FIND OUT EVERYTHING HE'S ALERGIC TO, EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE.

I THINK HE HAS YEAST BUILD-UP IN HIS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM. DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Tracyfly
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM

No there isn't any casein in soy milk but I would discourage you from giving that to your son.  Here are a few websites for you to check out:

http://web.mit.edu/kevles/www/nomilk.html

http://autismchangingtomorrow.wordpress.com/2007/12/31/substitutes-for-casein-in-gluten-freecasein-free-diet/

http://autism.healingthresholds.com/therapy/casein-free-diet

Be sure to read every single label on anything you buy for him everytime!   Companies change their ingredients so you can't always be sure it will be the same every time you buy a specific product.

TempestRayne
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Quoting AllaboutMyboys:

I HAVE A COOK BOOK AND TWO OTHER BOOKS ON THE GLUTEN AND CASEIN FREE DIET. I'M JUST TRYING HARD TO AVOID IT.

I'M WAITING FOR FURTHER TESTING TO FIND OUT EVERYTHING HE'S ALERGIC TO, EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE.

I THINK HE HAS YEAST BUILD-UP IN HIS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM. DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?

I do know a little bit about yeast build up.  That's another reason i recommended that book, lol. It covers a whole lot more stuff then just the diet.  But, i will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. be careful of tose allergy tests though, my son develops hives and excema when he gets anything with milk, but when they tested him fro a milk allergy, he "didn't have one"

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)