• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diagnose me....What is this rash??! -Pictures- (piog)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 16 Replies

this rash is on both my thighs, right below my bikini line....and on my right forearm.  it itches really bad when it gets touched and my thighs burn when my shorts rub on the rash.  if I itch it it gets bright red and inflamed.

I got this same rash last summer but never went to the doc.  it eventually went away.

I have not been in any weeds.  played outside all weekend with the kids in the kiddie pool and sand box and yard......but no weeds.

I am going to the doc this time.....but just want some thoughts on what this is.

I took benadryl but it did nothing.  i have been putting benadryl gel on it and hydrocortisone cream

Thanks!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetheartmom2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

oh come on...LOL....I know it's grose

any ideas though???

mrs.pyle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM

it looks like mild eczema or chemical irritation 

kremmels
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM
It could be from dry skin and clothing rubbing against, it could be from allergies, from the chemicals in the pool, a heat rash, bug bite,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristinaleann
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM

It looks like a heat rash or eczema.

Mikeybsmom2006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM

My guess would have been from your shorts rubbing up against youskin but it's elsewhere so I don't know could be alot of things

Lovemygirls64
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM

It kind of looks like and sounds like a heat rash, however it does not look like exzema-my hubby has it-it would blister and break the skin if it were.   But it could be from chemicals or just something in the sand.  Best to talk to a doc...good luck!

mrs.pyle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM

then you would know it looks like the beginning of an outbreak. not all eczema cracks and bleeds and sometimes its seasonal, hence it being summer time and another year of rashes for her...

op i suggest a fragrance free and hypo allergenic laundry detergent and coconut oil. 

Quoting Lovemygirls64:

It kind of looks like and sounds like a heat rash, however it does not look like exzema-my hubby has it-it would blister and break the skin if it were.   But it could be from chemicals or just something in the sand.  Best to talk to a doc...good luck!

saduncan
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I would say probably a heat rash.

mommyjenn84

Quoting Lovemygirls64:

this isnt always true. my daughters doesnt always do that. it ususally just gets red and itches. however my sister has a much worse case of it and it does blister. kinda depends on the case.

id say yes the dr is the best place to go. good luck

msmamakatie

I agree with the ladies above...it could be heat...it could be from your clothes rubbing (from were ur sweating being outside) Any new lotions, bathsalts, shampoo, conditoner i mean it all runs down onto you when your in the shower....I hope it gets better tho girly!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)