Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parents

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok, so I am 23 and I'm engaged to a man my parents don't like very much. He's had kind of a hard life and it shows. I won't get into the details, but we have a son who is almost 7 months old. Last Monday (5/17) I found out I was pregnant again. I've been having horrible heartburn and random illness, which obviously turns out to be morning sickness. I wanted to wait but things are getting obvious with how frequently this has been happening. So last night I told them that I'm expecting. I am only 5-6 weeks along and I am keeping the baby. (I just don't have it in me to do anything else) They haven't always been the best parents, they are both recovering alcoholics, so I don't understand why they are so judgemental.

I don't really care what their issues are, and I know they just want the best for me, but I really wish they could just be supportive instead of telling me how irresponsible it was to allow myself to get pregnant again so soon. I see some truth in what they say, but honestly, its a little too late now! I'm already pregnant and no matter how much they wish I wasn't...I am! Has anyone else run into this? I'm feeling overwhelmed about this pregnancy as it is and now that my parents are being their usual selves, I'm feeling extra stressed.

I just need some support, so please only leave comments that will help me through this. Thanks!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleloyd
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM

aww sry to hear  ur going thro this ive never really gone thro that bcuz i have a supportive mom and step dad  but iam pregnant also and this preganncy is very stressful for me theres alot ive been going through with it ill just say its embassing to tell the whole story but i know how it can be to be really stressed out , ive been depressed and been having alot of anxitey through this one ..but keep ur head up ur deff doing the right thing by keeping the baby thats for sure ..and iv had an alcohilics parents and in laws as well and its not easy so i can relate to that one but  ur doing a great job and yea the kids might be close in age but  hey moms do it everyday and at least theyll grow up close and hopefully have a good relationship later on because of it <3 keep up the good work itll be  ok .. i dont kno wat ur belifs are but  the one thing that keeps me going it that god is with u  and will take care of u

kansan-moma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Hey... Your parents are probably just worried about you.

The best thing you can do right now is focus on the GOOD! Like you said whats done is done. That little baby will become the joy of your life just like your 7mth old, focus on that.

Tell your parents that it wasnt really what you were wanting to happen either but that it did and you are going to take responsibility for your life.

LogansMommy0328
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM
I got preggo again when my son was 5 months I'm married and my parents were excited but my other family kept telling me that u got preggo again to soon you should have used protection blah blah blah most of my dads side of the family have kids one right after the other so I told them they had NO room to talk but a lot of them were alcoholics to so I just ignored them and told them its our life granted we didn't mean to get preggo again this early but you need to chill out and take a look in the mirror it didn't help that I was way emotional so I cried the whole time telling them off but if another baby was ment to be then it was and I wouldent have had the heart to do anything either my daughter is 8 months now and I still hear make sure you use protection and we do lol but I know it sucks not saying I know completely how you feel cuz its your parents but it can hurt and be stressful but u just ignored them I did some yoga especially for pregnant woman and at the end of the day I took a relaxing bubble bath to unwind as for you and your fiancé hon he has your heart and I'm sure the same goes for him as long as he loves you and respects you that's all that matters and don't let anyone tell you otherwise cuz its your life not there's I know I was not a lot of help but I hope I could do something and don't stress out to much keep your head up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5peasinapod07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I also got pregnant again with my second when my first was only 8 months old my husband & I talked about a second but not really planed for so soon, my mother was not very supportive but everything has worked out. keep your head up and like mine im sure your 2 will be so close in age once #2 is big enough they will be able to play and be best friends. 

cancer72283
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Some parents you just can't make happy. I had my first baby at 21 and me and my hubby struggled and now 5 yrs later I am expecting my 2nd baby and he's due in July. My mom was happy about my first pregnancy. Not so much about this one, but she's going to love it anyways and after we found out what it was she started buying him all kinds of things. Granted she's not happy with my choices, but she's not going to keep that from loving her grandchild. For what she says to me about things mostly I let go in one ear and out the other. I am trying to make our life better and get on our feet and I am doing a pretty good job about it right now.

JavaMama11309
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Thanks everyone! This has been really encouraging! I almost cried (the good kind) just reading your replies! I'll probably add most of you as friends. I'm new to cafe mom and I could use a network of moms to look to for support. Thanks again!

JJRsMomma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:16 PM

You don't deserve to have that kind of attention. It's negative and hurtful. Right now your main focus should be on your own lil' family. It's not gonna help being overwhelmed while you're pregnant. It's not good for you nor the baby.

LogansMommy0328
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM
Welcome to cafe mom then! And you can come here anytime and get advice I've poured my heart out on here a lot and everybody is supportive and willing to help ya you ever need anything were here!!

Quoting JavaMama11309:

Thanks everyone! This has been really encouraging! I almost cried (the good kind) just reading your replies! I'll probably add most of you as friends. I'm new to cafe mom and I could use a network of moms to look to for support. Thanks again!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydsmom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:31 PM

That sucks... my mom is extremely difficult to deal with and I live with her for now soooo it's just really tough. But whenever I move out of here and my mom ever comes over.. if she ever starts shit, or criticizes me or my SO, or my house, or my life, or anything, I will just say "you know what mom. This is my life, I know you don't approve and you probably never will but I just don't care anymore. Iff you say one more goddamn negative thing about me or my husband you know where the door is."

haydsmom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM

My mom doesn't like my man either. She will say things to me like "well it would be nice if you had a boyfriend with a college education." or "with a steady income." (in that typical snotty tone of voice) My boyfriend has started up his own construction company and it's obviously not going to take off just like that. My mom is clueless. For 1, I'm not dating him for his money, and 2. she is going to feel really stupid one day when he is super successful because I know he will be. All his hard work will get him where he wants to be someday soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)