• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this safe?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM
  • 24 Replies

My daughter is 5 weeks old.  She does NOT nap.  She'll sleep for maybe 5 minutes at a time all day long and just wants to be held.  I have a 3 year old I need to spend time with too and she is so much happier if I can manage to get her to nap.  Well, today I nursed her laying in my bed and then just left her there.  She is VERY happily sleeping.  She's right in the center of my king sized bed and she cannot roll over yet.  I pulled all of the blankets and pillows off.  Do you think she's safe there?

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrhMsh
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Sounds safe to me! :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Mikeybsmom2006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM

yes as long as you have pulled all the covers off so nothing can suffocate her.

guerra420

she's fine if she can't roll.my mom did that w/ all of us,she usually put pillows around the edge of the bed just incase we fell off we'd land on one

rockinmomto2

Absolutely. When my baby was teeny like that, she only liked to sleep on our bed. I don't think she used her bassinett for the first 6 weeks or so.

aprilsalcro
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM

very safe as long as u check on her once in a while

Brianav
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM
Sounds safe. My dd fell of our bed several times when she was an infant...oops. And she was just fine. Just check on her often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Thanks ladies :)  My son was a great sleeper so this is new to me!

5peasinapod07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I used to do the same with my 2 year old he would not sleep unless he was on mine or my husbands chest I figued out since out sheets had our smell he slept for a long time I had one of the sleeper things with the pads on each side I would put him on.

JMKristy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I used to do that all of the time! My babies were safe! Just make sure to check in on her every once in a while!

Nicoleloyd
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM

iam big beliver on bed sharing i still have my son in my bed and hes 2 i breastfed for 19 months and like urs i would feed then leave him in the bed  cuz if i moved him to a crib or bassinet hed wake up and there would be no chance getting him back to sleep if she only 5 wks i say its no big deal to leave her there  of course with checking on her every so often i would at least every 5 to ten min with my son lol him being my first i was worried about everything now when she starts to move and crawl  thats a different story lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)