Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What temperature do you keep your house at in the summer??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:58 PM
  • 76 Replies

I'm living with my mom and my dad for now since I'm a single mom and I'm going to college... and my mom keeps the house set at 81 degrees in the summer! I'm dying. It gets hotter as you go upstairs, which is where we sleep. I feel bad for my baby, I keep fans in his room but he still gets all sweaty at night, and so do I. Whenever I make comments about how hot it is, she'll be like "It's too expensive to keep the house that cool, Hannah!!" (which I think is kind of funny because she eats out every day and goes shopping all the time, buys new clothes and shoe, gets her hair done and her nails done all the time, gets massages, facials, etc, but she thinks it's too expensive to keep the house comfortable lol) but I can't complain since I don't have to pay rent... I can't complain to her anyway, obviously I'm complaining now on here LOL. but anyway, what do you keep your house at in the summer? I haaaate the summer. When is fall going to be here already.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPeanut
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM

We have central AC, and my house does not get above 75.  I can't stand to be hot, especially when I'm relaxing and sleeping.  I'm pregnant, so there is no way in hell I'm going to sweat in my own house, lol. 

Kim3787
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM

We keep our house around 70 all year long.

mandalouwhotn
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM

We usually keep the thermostat on like 69.  I cannot stand to be hot.

dtkmballen
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM

We usually keeps ours between 68 and 72...I can't stand to be hot either. Hopefully she'll come around and turn that it down a little for you and your baby!!

Brianav
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:10 PM
77 during the day and 76 at night while we are sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennypinfargo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM

68, I can't stand it any warmer that that.  We keep it 68 year round.  Once we turn off the Heat the AC goes on there are usually about 3 days we have the windows open.

haydsmom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Quoting dtkmballen:

We usually keeps ours between 68 and 72...I can't stand to be hot either. Hopefully she'll come around and turn that it down a little for you and your baby!!

Nahhh she's kept the house that hot all my life. I remember when I was little me and my friend would play outside in the summer and get all hot and sweaty and run inside for some relief but it would barely be any cooler inside than it was outside hahaha. We had to go over to her house instead.

ryansmommy07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:16 PM

we have window units through out the house so we dont have to cool the whole thing ( we dont have central a/c anyways) but I close the door to our laundry room and spare bedroom and spaare bathroom and kids play room so all I cool is our bedroom and the livingroom kitchen area. It gets to about 110 here during the summer and we have huge windows everywere but I use the blackout curtains. I keep the temp around 74 but since im pregnant it might be all the way down to 68 or so this year !

wildwiccan83
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:18 PM

79. I hate to be cold

laciD
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM

71.. its the perfect temp lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)