• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Good Cause, World MS Day

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

Today is World Multiple Sclerosis Day. It is a cause that I believe doesn't get much attention and it is one that is close to my heart, because I was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago. It has impacted our lives greatly and I try to bring awareness to others.  If anyone is interested in donating or looking into it here is the link....

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/index.aspx

It is actually really common and effects millions of lives. I appreciate everyone reading this and any help the National MS Society gets! orange ribbon

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momma0ffive
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

thanks for the link, my mom was adopted and we just learned that her biological family has a family history of MS.  so this info is very useful

BrityAshley
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Well the good news for you it is actually not genetic! I was worried about that for my son, they originally thought that there was a link to genes, but it has recently been dismissed!

Quoting momma0ffive:

thanks for the link, my mom was adopted and we just learned that her biological family has a family history of MS.  so this info is very useful

niki_hubbard
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM

its awesome to see a mom with ms who is upbeat on the topic... with all of the symptoms and medications it can be overwhelming and sometimes aggrivating... my mother was diagnosed with ms fourteen years ago this july, and it truely is an overlooked illness... thank you for this post :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)