• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Count your blessings

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

I met for lunch with a mom I met on this site. It was fun, we talked for hours. On the way home I was cut off by a lady turning in front of me. I hit her causing her to hit another lady. I was very rattled but uninjured and very thankful my baby was having a boys day with his dad. No one was hurt and the police decided it wasn't my fault because the first lady should have yielded. My car seems drivable for now but we may be down to one car soon and that will be a drag cause we cant afford to get the car fixed. Still I'm so thankful no one was hurt. Im thankful that my baby wasn't in the car with me, and Im thankful it wasn't my fault.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommie2be_08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Glad no one was hurt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naegore
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM

if the other lady was at fault you only have to get her insurance information and they will pay to fix your car with no expenseout of your pocket. that's the way it is supposed to work anyway. we have a fender bender in april where i was rear-ended and pushed into the car in front of me. the lady that hit me tried to run but not before i got her plate number! we are getting almost 3000 to fix our car.

katiebug840204
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM

and if it wasnt ur fault then u can make the persons insurance whos fault it was pay for the damage to ur car!

Kaivarii
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Im going to call the police tomorrow to make sure cause I know my insure wont cover it

Mommi2KnQ
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM

God Bless you...

Aliciamomma2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:24 PM

deifnitly contact her insurance company they have to pay to fix your car. if you only have plpd than your insurance will only cover another car if it was found your fault. my husband was in a car accident in jan. and the lady did not have insurance so we got nothing but the cops did tell us that we could pursue with suing her and we could get about 5 grand back because our vehicle was totaled  we didnt pursue that because we didnt have the money for a lawyer or the time to spend in court  just something to think about.  hope this helps you

Kaivarii
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Quoting Aliciamomma2:

deifnitly contact her insurance company they have to pay to fix your car. if you only have plpd than your insurance will only cover another car if it was found your fault. my husband was in a car accident in jan. and the lady did not have insurance so we got nothing but the cops did tell us that we could pursue with suing her and we could get about 5 grand back because our vehicle was totaled  we didnt pursue that because we didnt have the money for a lawyer or the time to spend in court  just something to think about.  hope this helps you

we only have plpd insurance so i dont think my car is getting fixed

1mom726
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Im an insurance agent in Texas im not sure what plpd is but the stated requires you to have liability and that covers the other person if your at fault and vise versa. Now if you have uninsured motorist then your insurance can pay out for your car with a $250 deductible. Hope this helps if you have any questions let me know.

MamaPeanut
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Yes, exactly.  IF your son's carseat was in the car, it needs to be replaced, and their insurance must pay for the replacement as well.

Quoting Naegore:

if the other lady was at fault you only have to get her insurance information and they will pay to fix your car with no expenseout of your pocket. that's the way it is supposed to work anyway. we have a fender bender in april where i was rear-ended and pushed into the car in front of me. the lady that hit me tried to run but not before i got her plate number! we are getting almost 3000 to fix our car.

Aliciamomma2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM

doesnt matter what insurance you have if the accident  was found not to be your fault contact the police to get her insurance info and contact them they are responsible to fix the damages to your car.  we couldnt because the lady that caused my husbands accident had no insurace.  good luck

Quoting Kaivarii:

Quoting Aliciamomma2:

we only have plpd insurance so i dont think my car is getting fixed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)