• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hairy legs and strangers

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  • 14 Replies
I go check the mail everyday cept for Sundays(duh) and EVERYTIME I DONT shave my legs someone wants to stand there and talk to me! When they are nice and pretty no one pays no mind! Lol so my legs are due for a shave but that won't happen til my shower tonight... I'm about to go get the mail... Let's see who strikes up a convo today!!!
Do you guys ever have anything like this always happen to you? Oh also when there's a leak it always stops when maintenance gets here! Always!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PRMommy86
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM

LOL!!! That is too funny!!! Nothing like that has haopened to me, but usually when I look like crap and havent even showered yet someone random comes to the house!!! Were military fam so we live on post, and its uaually maintenance doing random checks or some asking for money!! Im like WOW couldnt you come a little later when Im desent!!!! LOL!!!

sweettigeress
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:10 PM

I personally don't give a hoot. lol! I go get the mail in my jammies. People can stare all they want. I'm not there to impress them.

magenl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Omg they do random checks??? We live off post but I was debating if we should do on post housing or not!!!

Quoting PRMommy86:

LOL!!! That is too funny!!! Nothing like that has haopened to me, but usually when I look like crap and havent even showered yet someone random comes to the house!!! Were military fam so we live on post, and its uaually maintenance doing random checks or some asking for money!! Im like WOW couldnt you come a little later when Im desent!!!! LOL!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

lol... that's funny.

We get packages delivered frequently (so frequently that the UPS guy knows me now) but, it seems that the only time I have to sign for a package is when I'm still in my pjs and haven't done my hair yet. He must think I never get out of bed! lol

Naegore
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:32 PM

when i am doing nothing nobody needs me or calls me. but the moment i am doing something everybody needs something and everyone decides to call me. and this morning i got up to take dh to work, no makeup, greasy hair and my granny calls and wants me to meet her at the denture office so she can see her great grandson. i sure was purty! 

PRMommy86
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Yeah once in a blue moon but they happen to do it when I look like crap haha!! The last time they came was because housing wanted to check how many ceiling fans there were in the houses. our last duty station never did home checks though lol.

Quoting magenl:

Omg they do random checks??? We live off post but I was debating if we should do on post housing or not!!!

Quoting PRMommy86:

sdwyer
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM

That's crazy they do random inspections! I guess Army posts are different than AF bases. The only random checks we get on base is when they do lawn checks every Tuesday and they'll ring your doorbell if there's a discrepancy. And there's also no soliciting on base anywhere so I've never had some random person asking for money. But anyway OP I never wear shorts or capris if my legs aren't shaved to avoid situations like that.

Quoting PRMommy86:

unsuspected
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:48 PM

my mil always stops by unannounced on my lazy pj days where me and all the kids never bother to get dressed.

christinabri
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM

People only want to come over when our house is a HUGE mess!  I swear one of our friends who lives an hour away must think we never clean...he ALWAYS comes over when it's wrecked.  I stopped caring though...lol  With a two month old, if anyone says anything I just hand them the mop!  haha

LivinDeadGurl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Nothing quite like that, but it seems that every time I don't feel like cleaning the house, someone comes over. I can have my house spotless for months and not one person will come over, but the one time I don't feel like cleaning someone stops by.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)