Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ParaGard ??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

For those who have this How long after getting this did you have sex? When you did have sex did you cramp during or afterwards? I got mine yesterday and I just want a little info thanks:)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bmay33
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I got mine at my 6 week checkup.. I was recovering from a gallbladder surgery though, so we waited a few more weeks after that. Yes, there was slight cramping at first, but nothing intolerable.. it eventually went away with time.

Kendra0707
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Do you have really bad periods because of it?

Quoting bmay33:

I got mine at my 6 week checkup.. I was recovering from a gallbladder surgery though, so we waited a few more weeks after that. Yes, there was slight cramping at first, but nothing intolerable.. it eventually went away with time.

brandiebarr
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I got my para guard like 2 1/2 months ago.  I had one put in during my period, went in for my 2 weeks ultrasound to check position and it was too low.  My midwife took that one out and put another one in and had me come back in 1 week to check position.  That time it was good.  I had sex right away after that ultrasound.  I didn't have any cramping or anything.  I had a lot of discharge, enough to require a pantyliner.  My midwife said it was normal.  The first period was pretty normal but the next was SUPER HEAVY and more cramping than I have had since I was in high school.  Not horrible but enough to be annoying and require motrin.

bmay33
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I don't NOW.. but for the first few months it was pretty bad. It made my cramping a LOT worse than usual. After the first 4 months or so though, I didn't have anymore problems with it. I've now had it for 4.5 years and I'm still loving it :)

Quoting Kendra0707:

Do you have really bad periods because of it?

Quoting bmay33:

megan05
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM
I've had my paraguard since last summer, I've had heavy periods and cramping, the bleeding is getting better as well as the cramping, but its def worth it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessica39232
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I think we had sex right away like within days of me getting it.  The doctor told us to have sex to make sure it is placed good.  I like mine except for the periods.  I seem to be a bit more crampy and my periods are SOOOOOOOO HEAVY now and longer lasting.  Maybe tmi but I honestly have to use a super plus tampon and still wear a pad because I will bleed through it quicker than I ever used to.

Kendra0707
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:16 PM

bump

lovegrace222
by on May. 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM

hey one of my cafemom friends knows a good bit about this she even started up a group for this, don't think she has had many memberts yet but here's a link and maybe you can ask her for more info. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109566 

Hope it helps!

Kendra0707
by on May. 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Oh cool thanks!

Quoting lovegrace222:

hey one of my cafemom friends knows a good bit about this she even started up a group for this, don't think she has had many memberts yet but here's a link and maybe you can ask her for more info. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109566 

Hope it helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)