Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday food, I need ideas

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

I know it shouldn't be such a hard thing, but I'm just bored of the same foods. My DD turns 4 on June 7th. So far all I know I'm having is turkey burgers. Probably hot dogs too. I wanna make fresh fruit salad but don't have a recipe for something yummy to put on it, like I wanna make up a thin honey glaze to mix in it but the only recipe I know of has alcohol in it. We're having cupcakes, probably no ice cream.

What fun, fairly easy, non-traditional foods do you have for birthday parties?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2LandL
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM

My hubby and I made those pigs in a blanket things once with mini hot dogs and crescent rolls and now every single family event we get asked to make them, LOL.  Also, I make these cream cheese and pepperoni puff things that are awesome-crescent rolls cut into thirds, a little spoon of cr. cheese and half a pepperoni---roll it up and bake---so good.

tclizzle8507
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM

BUMP!

littlelambe
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I like veggies and dip... I'll cut the top off and hollow out a bell pepper to put the dip in

Little smokies in a crockpot full of sweet baby ray's is really good....

I like baked beans for a bbq

this are really lame ideas... lol... sorry! Check out kraftfoods.com and they have tons of really easy recipes for appetizers and lunch ideas

kremmels
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:05 PM
Meat balls, polish roses, veggies and dip, cut a watermelon in half and slice the water melon and other fruit and use the watermelon has a dish and put toothpicks all around it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kremmels
Meat balls, polish roses, veggies and dip, cut a watermelon in half and slice the water melon and other fruit and use the watermelon has a dish and put toothpicks all around it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kremmels
So good

Quoting mom2LandL:

My hubby and I made those pigs in a blanket things once with mini hot dogs and crescent rolls and now every single family event we get asked to make them, LOL.  Also, I make these cream cheese and pepperoni puff things that are awesome-crescent rolls cut into thirds, a little spoon of cr. cheese and half a pepperoni---roll it up and bake---so good.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeartsLove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM

That's a cute idea, thanks

Quoting kremmels:

HeartsLove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM

That does sound good

Quoting kremmels:

So good

Quoting mom2LandL:

prettymommy174
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM

you could do chesse and ham on a toothpick.devil eggs.apple dip.i have more foods if you like.

JMKristy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM

This sounds yummy! i think i will try it for our ufc party this weekend!

Quoting mom2LandL:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)