Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The many uses of...

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 27 Replies

BABY POWDER....

lol Now that I'm back at work I have to take showers at night so I have time to feed dd in the morning and drop her off. I have VERY oily hair, so by the end of the day I look like I haven't showered in two days. SO, I have stashed a bottle of baby powder in my work bathroom. When it starts too look greasy, I run in there and pour powder on my scalp, then run a brush through it. Looks like I just styled it!

I also use the no tears de-tangler on my hair...works wonders and doesn't make my hair extra oily...lol

What other uses have you found for baby products?

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMKristy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM

LOL!! I have used baby powder to do the same thing before! When i was stuck in traffic, I used to use baby wipes to clean the dash in my car! They worked great! and it was a good way to multi task!

kansan-moma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM

i use baby powder in my hair too! :)

KCornett04
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Wow now I'll have to try out baby powder on my hair. I use it on my thighs to prevent chaffing. All lotions can be used to remove eye makeup, a friend told me that when she saw I had expensive makeup remover.

LotusNight
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I've never heard of that before. I have problems with my hair getting greasy fast so i'll try it next time my hair looks oily

3earthangels
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Does tat work well with dark hair?

JMKristy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Crazy story... my husband works on heavy machinery. To reduce static electricity in the equipment, they put baby powder in it. They purchase it buy the ton!! Here's a picture of one of the poor guys after having to treat the press with baby powder! It makes a HUGE mess! It covers the shop and takes days to clean!! If you look closely you can see it all over the floor. This guy, who isn't my husband by the way, does not have white hair, that is all of the baby powder!!!

sdwyer
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Baby oil works great for tanning! And not in the beds, just laying outside

jeenw1019
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM

It gets rid of ants.  You need to buy the one that does not have corn starch in it.  the ingredient starts with a T.

Mrs.Bolin
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Baby shampoo kills fleas. I have used it on my cats for years instead of animal flea shampoo

christinabri
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Awesome ladies!   I will have to try some of this stuff :) 

I'm pretty sure it works on dark hair. Just make sure you brush it in good.  I would try a little first to make sure.  I have blonde hair, and if I don't get it all brushed in it makes my hair look white.

That picture is CRAZY!!!  They must smell okay though.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)