Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my "perfect" wedding venue may not be so perfect afterall :( help?? *piog*

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

i'm glad i decided to start planning my wedding early (it's not for another 16 months), because i just received the application form to my "perfect" wedding venue. or, at least, i thought it was perfect... but now i'm wondering if it'll be too much hassle. i never took into consideration that my venue, although only 45 minutes from my house, is in a different state (i'm in pa and the venue is in ny). on the application it says that all weddings must be sanctioned by the state of ny. so how do i go about doing this? and would this mean that i'd have to get 2 marriage licenses? one for pa and one for ny? or would i have to take my pa marriage license to a ny courthouse?

also, the form states that i need to send in a copy of insurance, indemnifying this venue for 1 MILLION DOLLARS! ok, i have NEVER heard of such a thing... anyone have ANY idea? this is starting to sound like more work than it's worth. all i wanted was a really nice outdoor wedding. i'm sure i can find a place just as good that isn't as confusing.

i'm a proud young, unmarried, non-vaxing, non-spanking, co-sleeping, nurse-on-demand, disposable diaper using, occasional formula feeding, baby wearing, binkie giving, tattooed, vegetarian, 21 year old SAH momma to a 2 year old little diva and a 7 month old baby boy. i am also MADLY in love with the most amazing guy ever, who just happens to be their father <3

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yummy_mommy89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:53 PM

BUMP!

mstevens10
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM

If you get married in NY it should stil lbe honored in PA... People get married all the time then move to another state later and they are still considered husband and wife. So I don't see where the issue is... I would check on it though to make sure.

KCornett04
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Never heard anything like this before. Im getting married at a local park and its only a $350 fee for the day and we have to clean up afterwards.

JMKristy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:56 PM

i haven't heard of the insurance thing... I would have thought any venue like that would already have an ins. policy.... weird! As for the license... I think you only need to have it for the state you are getting married in. I'm in Nevada, and that's how it works here. Anyone wanting to get married here, no matter where they live, has to have a nevada marriage license and that's it.

Kittlesdesigns
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Oh gosh I dunno but I would be considering a different venue lol Sorry I don't live up there so I have no idea how it works...

dragonfly.1982
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM

WOW the insurance part I have never heard of such a thing.  As for the PA NY marriage licenses.  DH and I got Married in NY and we just had to get a license from New York we live in Ohio.  Good Luck :)

momma_gig
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM

i have a feeling we're going to be keeping it local now, too. though i shouldn't complain. we live about 15 minutes from the beach... so we'll probably have it there.

Quoting KCornett04:

Never heard anything like this before. Im getting married at a local park and its only a $350 fee for the day and we have to clean up afterwards.

i'm a proud young, unmarried, non-vaxing, non-spanking, co-sleeping, nurse-on-demand, disposable diaper using, occasional formula feeding, baby wearing, binkie giving, tattooed, vegetarian, 21 year old SAH momma to a 2 year old little diva and a 7 month old baby boy. i am also MADLY in love with the most amazing guy ever, who just happens to be their father <3

MovalMomsADMIN
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM

BUMP!

Rychelle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM

people do destination weddings all the time and in different countries im sure it prob sounds more complicated then it is.. id give a call to the cooridnator there tomorrow and ask them about it all. it mightbe alot more simple then the paper work makes it sound.. good luck

momma_gig
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:14 PM

i hope so! thanks for the advice :)

Quoting Rychelle:

people do destination weddings all the time and in different countries im sure it prob sounds more complicated then it is.. id give a call to the cooridnator there tomorrow and ask them about it all. it mightbe alot more simple then the paper work makes it sound.. good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)