• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my one year olds birthday is coming

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

so my baby is going to be one in a few months and i am not sure what to do for her birthday! does anyone have any suggestions?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lanceandhailey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Well I did a lot of 1st birthday decorations and high chair decorations. lunch, presents and then cake and ice cream. We got a smash cake, which I think is soo fun! You don't need games or activities, people will entertain themselves...If you don't have a swingset and there will be a lot of kids, you could have it at a park to keep the other kids entertained. Shelter house fees are usually not too high..

.Mad.Hatter.
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM

here is what I am doing for Keira's bday in July!

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

MovalMomsADMIN
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM

keep it simple... they wont remember

jennypinfargo

We did a duck theamed party for my DD because her first word was duck and everything was a duck and she loved ducks!  However by the time the party rolled around she forgot all about ducks :-)  We just did a bbq at home with lots of decorations and of course her own duck shaped cake.  Schedule around nap time because you don't want them to sleep throught their own party!

KCornett04

I did an underwater theme, my dd was into her fake aquarium and anything fish. I went to the dollar store and party city. I found ocean bath toys for decorations and did a fish shaped cupcake dessert.

jennypinfargo

That is so cute!! You will have to post pictures of your party!

Quoting .Mad.Hatter.:

here is what I am doing for Keira's bday in July!

jennypinfargo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Oh and if it is nice and warm out when you have the party dress her in her swim suite to eat the cake and set up a kiddy pool for the kids then you can wash off all the cake :-)

lilahsmommie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I took Lilah to the zoo for her first B-Day. She LOVED it! She had alot of fun. She loved the Dolphin show, and getting to see the Elephants, we spent the whole day at the zoo. I did it as a family thing. She was the only child, and I had her dad, and my mom and her BF, and my brother and his wife. We did cake and such at my house the day before.

proudmom169
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:22 PM

these are great ideas. i think we will do like a pool party barbecue. it's summer and i have older kids so they will keep busy in the pool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)