• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back surgery?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM
  • 1 Replies

So I have been dealing with severe back problems since the birth of my son in 2008. They found bulging discs in my lower back, L4 L5 and S1. It's been causing lots of pain and nerve damage. It's also stopped me from doing alot of things in my every day life, it even makes it hard to be a mom at times. I've tried many different treatments and nothing has worked. The doctors finally decided on surgery last month, and today I finally got the call that my insurance has approved it. My surgery is set up for June 9. They were going to do a fusion of the discs but decided against that since I'm only 24, they are now going to do a discectomy and remove the bulging parts that are pressing out onto my nerves. I'm glad that I am finally having my back fixed and be almost back to normal, but at the same time I am scared to death about all of this! Has anyone else been through this? How long did it take you to recover? Any advice is great! Thank you!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
JMKristy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Never been through this... but yeah, I'd be scared to death also!!! I hope it works, you recover fast, and feel back to normal! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)