Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 month old girl gifts

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

Yes I'm early but I just can't put us in debt each and every year buying Christmas gifts so I buy year round.  I need to wait and see what my then 3 1/2 year old will be into but my daughter will be 8 months old and that's an easier age to shop for.  I know I want to get her one of those fisher price doll strollers that's a walker but that's only $30.  Any other ideas for me?  She has some toys that are being handed down from my son as well.

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpunkyT425
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Anything that can help her learn to walk. You can always give her clothes for later on. When my DD was 8 months she loved anything that she touched and music played. She also started playing with her ball booper at that time.

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Well, I'm already getting her something to learn to walk.  I think she's fully clothed through the age of 2 because so many people gave me hand me downs.  I have one of those HUGE tubs (you know, the biggest size they sell at wal-mart) full of just 3-6 month clothes and I already passed a lot of them on!

I'll have to look into girly music toys.

I refuse to buy one of those ball poppers.  One of the kids at church was playing with one and almost broke his arm.  He reached into it and grabbed a ball and then fell over with his arm still in there.  It hurt him pretty bad :(

Oh, and she's already in a convertable carseat so that's not an option either!

Quoting SpunkyT425:

Anything that can help her learn to walk. You can always give her clothes for later on. When my DD was 8 months she loved anything that she touched and music played. She also started playing with her ball booper at that time.

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

lanceandhailey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Boikido® Cat Pull Toy

Boikido® Giraffe Pull Toy

Boikido® Giraffe Xylophone

Fisher-Price® Go Baby Go!™ Bat & Wobble Penguin

Melissa & Doug® Fill & Spill Purse

Galt® Fill & Spill Flower Pot

Prince Lionheart® Ladybug Wheely Bug® - Small

Boikido® My First Drum

Lamaze® Chime Garden

butterflyblu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:22 PM

My older son loved the Leap Frog Learn and Groove Musical table (posted previously).  He got it for his 1st birthday.   He also got a V-tech baby laptop.  My 6 month old likes that. 

butterflyblu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Oh and Fisher Price makes a Laugh N' Learn Purse (I think that's what it's called).  There is a tool set for boys my son got for his 1st birthday.  I thought the purse was so cute for girls!

hellenak
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:24 PM

i've always liked gifts they can learn from for their age group....

Mrs.Bolin
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:35 PM

I intoduced crayons to my daughter at nine months. i put her in the high chair and showed her how to color. I also bought one of those crayola musical drawing boards that the faster u color the faster the music plays. She is now 22 mos and still doesnt understand that part but she loves the buttons that light up and play music. All u gotta do is sit there and don't let her eat them. lol. I also got her one of those things that u put the right shape in the right hole. Hard back books are fun for them especially the ones that u push the buttons and they make noise or talk

MrsPilat
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM

If you don't want to go into debt then I wouldn't buy too much especially since you have a lot from your son....Keep in mind she'll be a year in 4 months from Christmas so i'm sure you'll go nuts for her 1st birthday ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)