Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rest in peace, old friend

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

a dear friend of mine from my middle school/ high school days was killed today. I don't know all the details, but what i do know is that he was in a car accident and he was tboned by a truck i think. it's so hard to believe he's gone. he was such a good friend, but when i moved away, instead of keeping in touch, i just told my grandma to tell him hi next time she saw him (she's good friends with his mom).

I was always going to go see him 'one day'. i wanted him to meet my husband, and my kids. i wanted to meet his kids.  but now that one day will never come. oh god i feel so bad for his mom. he was only 27, two years older than me!

I can't even go to his funeral because it's in south dakota and i'm in texas. can't send flowers because i have no money. no way to pay my respects, nobody to talk to about this either.

rest in peace, Brian. I will never forget you. please forgive me for not keeping in touch.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hbourne
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I'm sorry... *hugs*

mytwosons28
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I'm sorry

mrsniebo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I'm sorry. It's so hard to lose a friend unexpectedly. I lost a friend (who was only 24) due to cancer a few weeks ago, so I might know at least some of what you're feeling. *hugs*

CafeMom Tickers
kremmels
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Aww I'm sorry I just lost one of my friends yesterday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeckellette
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Been there done that. Only I made it to the funeral. My daughter's Godfather was in an accident with a school bus back in 2007 in south carolina....(there were no kids on the bus) But when he died, I was not speaking to him because he didn't come and visit me and his God daughter when he was in town last..I was so mad about that...and when I found out about the accident, it was like a giant brick to the dome...I was crushed...I still miss him and think about him to this day..and still cry about it too occasionally. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to send me a message. I'm sorry for your loss. Let this be a lesson..don't put things off...take every chance you get to tell someone you love them and see them as often as possible. Because you never know when it's going to be your last chance.

TempestRayne
by on May. 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I'm so sorry :(

shanda0914
by on May. 27, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I'm sorry for your loss

MegTheGem
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I know how you feel. :( A friend of mine committed suicide when we were 19 because her significant other left her and I hadn't seen her since jr. high, when we went to different high schools. *hugs!*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)