Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not sure what to do

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM
  • 21 Replies

my OBGYN said to stay on my IUD until the month i want to get pregant well i've been having probs with my IUD for the last 4 months i have alot of pain and have my period for 2 weeks. i'm honestly about ready to just take it out and have DH get him self off b/c he's not ready for a baby yet. 

but i'm sick of all the pain and probs with my IUD. i don't know what to do b/c my OBGYN said to keep it in until the month i want to start trying. he said it's b/c woman should be preganat or breastfeeding. that if i'm off my bc that my body will go all crazy.  what do you girls think?

i'm getting sick of waiting for DH and i'm sick of the probs and pain with my IUD don't know what to do.

thanks

by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tbache
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM

uhm who said a woman should be pregnant or breastfeeding? thats kind of crazy. You can get your IUD out and take a pill for a few months until you decide to have a baby. You can use rubbers, spermicidal gels and foam to prevent pregnancy. Natural family planning.  I had an IUD taken out because i was cramping and well, it didnt cure or fix anything. My dr was pissed. I was her 1st patient in 10 years to have to have it removed becuase of cramping and turned out we still dont know why im cramping. I miss it dearly!!

EMMYBEARSMOMMY
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I had cramps probably the first 6 months that I had mine and my periods were a little crazy. I don't cramp now until my period and my period is also not as heavy. I know everyone is different though! I hope this helps!

momma_lizzie
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM

if you want it out then it needs to be out... end of story... you are paying your dr to listen to you and if you are having issues he needs to suggest other things... like the ring or pill or even the shot.

i hope things work out!!

montessori_mama
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Wait -- your doctor implied that your body will go all crazy and not know what to do if you take it out because as a woman you should be either pregnant or nursing!?  Seriously?  Bulls*it!  If you want it out - it comes out.  Your body, your decision, end of story!

Hoevegirl1986
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM

i've tried the ring and the shot and 12 diff kinds of pills and they all mess me up. and the pills make my blood preusser go really high. well i can get it out and if it doesn't work out i can just get a new one put in. he said that if i am not preganat of breast feeding that my hormones will go crazy and that it will make it harder to get preganat. i just want to make sure i make the right choice b/c i want kids and i don't want to make my chances really low.

RachelAnne
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I have never heard that, ever... it just takes time for whatever birth control you're on to get out of your system and then you start to regulate... kinda weird your dr said that to you...

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

i've tried the ring and the shot and 12 diff kinds of pills and they all mess me up. and the pills make my blood preusser go really high. well i can get it out and if it doesn't work out i can just get a new one put in. he said that if i am not preganat of breast feeding that my hormones will go crazy and that it will make it harder to get preganat. i just want to make sure i make the right choice b/c i want kids and i don't want to make my chances really low.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

young, formula feeding, disposable diapering, CIO, vaccinating, circumcising, spanking when necessary, time out giving, forward facing, non co-sleeping, homeschooling, book loving, SAHM, TTC #2!

kirstn007
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM

what remove it if u want it out, its ur body for gods sake, tell ur ob you want on the pill or something wth. when i wanted mine out because of the same stuff u had, i got it removed

katznkt
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I would listen to your doctor. He is the one that knows you, your body, your labs, and your story. 

Personally I would work on the hubby. Explain how you are feeling and that you want it taken out now. I would try the whole "lets not stop it, but not work to make it happen either. Then if you get pregnant it won't be a surprise or big deal. 

But if you are trying to hold off for a lot longer on more kids I would stick it out. Might suck to have the symptoms, but it is worth it to insure you can conceive when you want to?

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM

This and I'd find a new doctor.  He sounds like a complete idiot.  There are many other ways of preventing pregnancy without having an IUD or using hormonal birth control if you are not ready to TTC yet.

Quoting montessori_mama:

Wait -- your doctor implied that your body will go all crazy and not know what to do if you take it out because as a woman you should be either pregnant or nursing!?  Seriously?  Bulls*it!  If you want it out - it comes out.  Your body, your decision, end of story!

Hoevegirl1986
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Dh is fine with me getting it out. i am just worried that i will lower my chances of getting preganat if i take it out and he's not ready by the time i take it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)