Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM
  • 1 Replies

My daughter will be turning 2 this week, since we don't know many people out here in the Panama City area, we are just having a picnic/bbq at the park, with a few people from my husbands job.

I know my daughter will have fun and we didn't want to make it something huge partly because of budget and partly because there's plenty of time for expensive birthday parties later on when her and her friends will actually enjoy them.

The problem is, although it's a park, I'm not sure if she should be able to just go and have free play as long as I can see her or if I should stay attatched to her haha. I don't want to neglect her on her special day, but I don't want guests to think I'm being rude by not interacting with them.

I was thinking maybe it would work if my husband and I took turns, one of us stays with our daughter while the other stays with the guests and then we could switch at intervals? Not sure. Advice much needed!!!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
oboe_chik
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I think that all depends on how many kids are at the park. It would be different if she was the only one there or one of a few kids rather than being 20+ kids at the same playground. If I can still see my kids they are ok. They are 2 1/2 and 5. But they know where to NOT go and where they can play and its hardly every busy so if they need to they can scream at me and I would be there in a second. 

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)