Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

plz help me make my house a home

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

ok so this is my first apartment (since i became a mommy). my sister need help getting on her feet so i took that opportunity to save up some money. we rented a house together. well the year was up so a got a small 2 bed room apartment. the walls are bare! we will only be here for one or two years and i NEED HELP! i dont want to spend a lot we just found out we are expecting #2 :). but money is ok. any advice is welcome i am embarrassed of my apartment it looks horrible also the furniture came with the house and my dd'd bed room looks soooo bad! i am too embarrassed to put up picks but if you all need them i guess i will. i wasn't going to set up for the baby for about 3 months but maybe i should just start now?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spittersmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Def need some pics!! But you could always check out some thrift stores....sometimes you can find some really great stuff for cheap! Also Ross and Marshalls always has a ton of home decor

adalynnsmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Family pics is a great way to make your house feel like a "home." Or art work from you little one, if she is old enough.  But yeah pics would help.  Good luck.

StructuredChaos
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Check out craft stores, dlooar stores, and value stores for cheao decor, curtains etc...  If you have an IKEA close by, they have a lot of great things at great prices.  I look through magazines or furniture stores for ideas, then find cheaper ways to achieve the same look. 

sweettigeress
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Thrift stores are good for decor. If you have a Ross around you, they have some decent decor for cheap. 

momamouse07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:54 AM
My living room walls have mostly family pictures or different pictures o the boys. I'd check out goodwill, thrift shops or dollar store for cheap. Pick out a theme for a certain room then go with it. This has helped me decorate my house. And most of my stuff is from thrift stores, clerance isles or dollar store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM

can some of you maybe post up some pictures for ideas?? my dd is 18 months lol

mstevens10
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Quoting sweettigeress:

Thrift stores are good for decor. If you have a Ross around you, they have some decent decor for cheap. 

Ross is a great store! When we first bought our house with depostis and buying a fridge money was ok but tight. I decorated my living room kitchen and front bathroom for right about $200!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

HotMommaStout
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Are you allowed to paint or not? Sometimes you are with apartments and sometimes you arent. Paint makes the BIGGEST difference..bigger than anything else I can think of. What about some removable wall sticks for DD's room??

Sam.Marie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM

its hard to give you some ideas without knowing your style....

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM

my living room, dining room, and kitchen are all in the same room

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)