Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easier with one or easier with more?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM
  • 19 Replies

I've came across many mothers who say it's so much easier taking care of one kid compared to someone who has more than one. I've also heard that argument vise versa. That it's easier taking care of more than one since you already went through the "omg" phases with your first child and you are more aware of how to raise a child than being scared since it's your first. 

So, what are your thoughts? Easier with one or easier with more than one??

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_girl07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I have two and I say easier with one probably because I was never the "omg" kinda parent since I worked as a preschool teacher before having kids. Its not hard having 2 but it was easier with one, ya know one having to get one ready to go, things for one, all that good stuff

sweettigeress
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I have one child right now and it's fairly easy with her. I'm pregnant with my second, so we'll see then. lol!

mandaleigha
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:02 PM
I felt more comfortable with my second, but I wouldn't necessarily say it has been easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sam.Marie

Its tougher going from 1 to 2! Its crazy hard, you dont get naps during the day unless your oldest naps still.....

lanceandhailey

I would say easier with one. It is probably easier going from 2 to 3 kids though, verses going from 1 to 2 kids....

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM

It's easier with one simply because you only have the one to take care of. I have three, and there are times I feel like I'm going to rip all my hair out! LOL.

katydee
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:05 PM

i have our son and hes a handful and demands a lot of attention from me so this will be interesting when the baby is here full time.  not like his half sis whos only here every other weekend.  he still gets jealous when one of us is giving her attention it might just be his age so hopefully it gets better as time goes on...he will be in school so that should make it a little more fun for him vs sitting at home with mommy and daddy!

momamouse07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM
I think it's easier with one in some areas but harder in others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlishaRenee
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I think its easier having two... granted mine are only 2 and 8 months but i get a few mins now and then because they love to play together... before i had my second my oldest never gave me a free moment to get anything done... now they will sit in the floor and play together for 15 mins or so which gives me time to get dishes done or some laundry put in... so i say easier with more than one!!

czchtaclo13
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I say it would be easier with one. Although I  am pregnant with my second also, and Im wondering the same thing. Im thinking one because I have a toddler to run around after and a newborn...both needy. I wasnt one of those OMG mom's...I think Im going to be this time around. Im anxious as hell!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)