Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any one else's husband want you to.....

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM
  • 21 Replies

Does anyone else have a husband that wants you to stop doing certain things that you like to do? I grew up on a ranch and love to ride and rope. Well dh isn't in to the roping thing and he gets pissed off everytime that I want to go and rope. I like to go out to a few ranches and help them brand some. We got into a big fight because I said that I wanted to go help brand last saturday (over the memorial day weekend) I told him that I would only be gone until noon. He got all mad and told me that I should stay at the store with him because it might be busy and help watch our daughter. I only planned on being gone for about 4 hours. He wants to fish and hunt all the time and expects me to watch our dd and the store while he is gone. He is even talking about wanting to move somewhere closer to Mexico so we can go down and spend more time on his folks yacht and ocean fish. I am all for this, it just pisses me off that it is okay for him to always do everything that he wants to and is happy that I am willing to learn how to do it also, but he won't even try to learn to rope and gets so mad when I want to go and do it. Sorry just needed to rant a little bit. Thanks for listening.frustrated

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poptart0325
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I'm sorry that your DH wants you to quit doing what you enjoy.  Thankfully my DH and I have basically the same interests.  The only thing that he's interested in that I'm not is hunting and going to the shooting range.  I just don't like guns.. so that's why I'm not into it.  I'd be willing to try it though.  Have you sat down and tried talking to him?  Let him know that it's not fair that he can go and do what he wants without you getting upset, but you can't go and do what you enjoy without him getting upset.  Maybe he should go with you one time and try it out for himself.  He might like it!  And make it a family thing and bring your DD along!  I hope everything gets better and he wises up and quits acting that way!

Brittany.Dann
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I am sorry. My dh can be like that sometimes too. Have you tried talking to him?

tbache
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM

My husband doesnt want to do anything with  me, so he could care less if im home or if im not. Kids or no kids!  But thats not right on his part, its only 4 hours its not 4 days or weeks. You should be able to go do stuff with out him that you love to do, maybe he should try to get into it too and then he can see why you enjoy it so much and see the enjoyment on your face. Sometimes that used to work with DH for me!  Good luck mamma! Keep doing stuff you enjoy, Get your kids involved and he'll follow or feel bad cause he missed out!

paranoiacomplex
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Sorry to hear that.  My DH wants me to go out and do my own thing with my own friends.  He and I have  a lot of the same friends so we end up hanging out together a ton, which we both enjoy, but we both also have our own things we like that the other doesn't.  We both like having our "alone time" and yeah it is important to have activites to do away from each other else you'll drive each other insane.

MamaPeanut
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Nope, sorry, Mama. 

My DH encourages me to go out and do the things I like, he plans fun activities to do with our dd while I go.  I adore him.

Lacey925
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Thanks, I have tried talking to him about it and he just won't really listen. I have asked him to try it and he won't, he just says he has no interest at all. That is fine. I would love for him to give it a try because I think that he might enjoy it, but if he doesn't want to fine. I just wish that he wouldn't get mad at me because I want to go and do it. Our DD is only 2 years old, so I can't really get her involved right know. I learned to fish and am going to try archery hunting so that I can spend sometime doing somethings that he likes. I just wish that he would be more open minded about this.

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

*Hugs* No advice here since you've already tried talking to him :(

My husband used to expect me to sit at home all the time while he went off drinking and having a good ol' time with his buddies...He finally grew up and realized that I needed my own time away from the family, and now he encourages me to get out and go shopping and watches the kids.

ChesterGirl
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Not really , my hubby and I really like to do all the same things and do most everything togather . He's my best friend and theres no other person that Id rather be with . But if there was something I wanted to do , he would't care. He knows that if he wants to do something , I dont care . I might miss him while he's gone ,but if he's happy , Im happy and visa versa .

i.heart.rachel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Mine encourages me in all that I do.. she gives me breaks and tells me to get lost so I can have time to myself. I'm sorry that your DH isn't as supportive as you need him to be. :(

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM

No, my DH is pretty supportive in all of my endeavors. HOWEVER, he gets impatient and annoyed when I want to spend the whole day at the stable. His max is about 2hrs. We have three horses! I can't do all of that in 2hrs lol! I either leave him at home or only plan on riding one if he's tagging along. 

Next time he's about to leave to spend the day hunting, tell him that the babysitter will be there in a minute so that you can go ride. Plan to all be home at the same time and have dinner together. Once he sees that it's not that big of a deal for you to take a few hours here and there, maybe he'll loosen up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)