Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for women with alot older men

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM
  • 30 Replies
What is the hardest thing to deal with as in being with an older man (i.e. Health problems, ex wife problems, emotional problems and any other problems). And what would you say are the best things about being with an older man? I'm only curious bc my husband is 19 yrs older than me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I dont really think there are any "hard" parts. He was never married before, no health problems. The only thing I can think of is dealing with his Mom. He is 37, I am 25. She still looks at me like a kid and second guess's and judge's evrything I do.

I "grew up" fast, I did all the partying in HS, so when I graduated I was ready to settle down. I met DH and he thought I was older than I was when we started dating. I was 19(he thought I was at least 24)and he was 31. Within 7 months we were married. Guys my age annoy me. Even now. They are immature, and self-centered(the ones I have met and know) I dont want that. I love that DH is a "family" man, he would rather hang with me and the kids then go off for a weekend with his buddies. There is also alot more about DH I love, and love that he doesnt do. Comparied to my Friends who are with guys our age.

Being happy doesnt mean everything is perfect. It means you decide to look past the imperfections.

proudmomma1986
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I really agree with the guys my age part...My husband unfortunately has health problems, he has cardiac arrythmia, copd, and ptsd. But I always stand by him through everything. BTW he is 19 yrs older than me.

Quoting RheaF:

I dont really think there are any "hard" parts. He was never married before, no health problems. The only thing I can think of is dealing with his Mom. He is 37, I am 25. She still looks at me like a kid and second guess's and judge's evrything I do.

I "grew up" fast, I did all the partying in HS, so when I graduated I was ready to settle down. I met DH and he thought I was older than I was when we started dating. I was 19(he thought I was at least 24)and he was 31. Within 7 months we were married. Guys my age annoy me. Even now. They are immature, and self-centered(the ones I have met and know) I dont want that. I love that DH is a "family" man, he would rather hang with me and the kids then go off for a weekend with his buddies. There is also alot more about DH I love, and love that he doesnt do. Comparied to my Friends who are with guys our age.

23 yo wife of 4 yrs, DH 6/9/67, DS 8/17/05, and DH 4/21/09boy n girl

mammag20
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I am only 22 years old and my boyfriend is 34. We are having a baby together. He has a son that is 5 from his second marriage and I have a child from my 1st relationship (I have never been married).

Something that is hard for me is that I think he thinks I am not good enough for him. With me being so young and not ever being in a "real" relationship he thinks that I can't settle down and be the wife figure he wants. I feel like he is always wanting someone that is older with more relationship experience then me. 

The things that I love being with a man that is older then me is that he treats me amazing. He is old fashion, I stay home with the kids and tend to the house and kids while he works to provide us a home and the things we need. 

I have mixed feeling about being in a relationship with a man older then me. There are good things and there are things that I am not so "wow" about!?!

CafeMom Tickers
ikesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:40 PM

My first boyfriend was 22 when I was 15 (not much of a difference now it seems, but as a mother now, I can see why my parents were upset).

My son's father is 16 years older than me and he is a waste of space. I couldn't stand guys my age; they were simple and totally unfocused. I THOUGHT an older guy would mean stability, maturity, worldliness, family-oriented, and patience. Boy was I wrong about my son's father! I suppose it may just be him because I know other older gentleman that are so much better; he was just a prick.

My husband is two years older (27) and he is perfect [for me].

Naegore
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:56 PM

my dh is 10 years older than me, he's 35 and i'm 25.  he has been having a few issues, but nothing major. he works really hard. i have always been attracted to older men. i met my husband when i was 14 and he had just turned 25. he was one of the youth ministers at our church. he told me after we started dating that he was attracted to me when i was 16 but knew that was not good, so he waited til i was 18. many of our friends were a little shocked and unsure of our relationship. one girl he was really good friends with met with him alone and put doubts in his mind a few days before we were originally supposed to marry. needless to say we postponed for a few months. but being married to an older man is great. we can actually sit down and talk about our problems. he chooses us over his friends. he is just so much more mature than men my age. it's nice being able to have intellectual conversations. he has also helped me to grow as a person. we have a great marriage.

JennieP1108
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I don't find that there are many hard things about being with an older man. Its actually easier than dealing with someone the same age as me.My DH is so much more mature then men my age. None of my friends that are guys are married, or even girls really for that matter. My girl friends date men that are the same age as them, and none of the men want to commit.

My DH is 11 years older than me. He has been married before, but we don't have too many issues with his ex-wife. She can be a bitch about giving us more time with SS, but for the most part its not too bad.  

My biggest fear is being alone later in life.  When someone is a lot older than you, you always worry about something happening to them and not being with you anymore. Luckily my DH is very healthy and I make sure to take excellent care of him :)

I would not want my life to have turned out any other way <3

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

proudmomma1986
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:12 AM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:33 AM

My hubby isn't too much older than me -- 6 years. I say the only thing "bad" about it, is that I feel like I missed his "prime" when he was buff and tough and full of boyish stuff :oP

proudmomma1986
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:54 AM
I worry about this alot especially with mine being 43 with heart and lung problems :(

Quoting JennieP1108:

I don't find that there are many hard things about being with an older man. Its actually easier than dealing with someone the same age as me.My DH is so much more mature then men my age. None of my friends that are guys are married, or even girls really for that matter. My girl friends date men that are the same age as them, and none of the men want to commit.

My DH is 11 years older than me. He has been married before, but we don't have too many issues with his ex-wife. She can be a bitch about giving us more time with SS, but for the most part its not too bad.  

My biggest fear is being alone later in life.  When someone is a lot older than you, you always worry about something happening to them and not being with you anymore. Luckily my DH is very healthy and I make sure to take excellent care of him :)

I would not want my life to have turned out any other way <3

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmomma1986
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 3:55 AM
I feel you on that one :) lol

Quoting littlelambe:

My hubby isn't too much older than me -- 6 years. I say the only thing "bad" about it, is that I feel like I missed his "prime" when he was buff and tough and full of boyish stuff :oP

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)