Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll for all the Mommas

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you get pregnant while on the b/c pill??

Options:

Yes! whoops!

Nope! we were trying!

OTHER! :P

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 80

View Results

It's looking like I might be....eek!! I know I shouldn't be freaking out yet, I just have been experiencing some things and just have a feeling. I'm due for my period next week. All of this was bringing up some curiosity, I was just wondering how many of you got pregnant while on the pill.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.BritishLady.
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM

oh yes i did i was on it or 4 years and then woopsy pregnant

swilli06
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I got pregnant with my son while on birth control and it wasn't even an oops! I took the pill at the same time every day and never missed. I guess some things are just meant to happen!

mama2twins07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM

IF i end up preg i can say my dh might flip. He might even say i tired it on purpose.. LOL*

I was trying with mine but not 2 but it worked out. The only way i will get preg now is if its in the books somewhere

SoLuckysAngel
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM

When I was 18 I got pregnant while taking the pill religiously.  Apparently I was in the 3% that no matter how perfectly you take it oops. I got asked all sorts of questions about things that could make in ineffective though... cold/flu, antibiotics, not taking it at exactly the same time, diarrhea, vomiting, certin medicines or vitamins, the list seemed to go on. I was amazed at all the little things that could mess it up. I know quite a few other people who got pregnant while on it as well.

I choose not to have that baby. My son was planned though and happened extremely quickly.

Jennygirl804
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Yeah I take it at the same time every night, too. Sometimes I get a hour behind :\ but never more than that! But I just have a feeling. Not that it would be the WORST thing in the world...just not MY plan right now.

laciD
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I got pregnant while on the pill when my oldest was 3 months old. I had a miscarriage which my dr. said could be because of the birth control. I have not taken birth control pills since.

haydsmom2007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I wasn't on the pill but I wasn't trying to get pregnant. I just wasn't trying very hard NOT to get pregnant. Don't worry yourself too much about it. Have you been taking the pill correctly? Have you started any medications that can affect the pill?? If you take it right you just shouldnt get pregnant... it's like 99.9% effective. If you've skipped a few pills then you know. Might be a little concerned lol.

barrelracer1699
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I think a lot of people forget that the pill isn't 100% because everyone always asks if someone else has gotten pregant on birth control!!! As for me no I haven't guess I'm not one of the 0.1-20%

Jennygirl804
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Nah I know it's not 100%, especially when I forget to take it on time and take it an hour late. That's always on the back of my mind. I'm less concerned than I am curious. Knowing that it's a possibilty that I am pregnant made me wonder how common it really is, because it seems more common to me than statistics say...although I'm sure those statistics are based on women who take it correctly at the same time everyday and are not on any meds that could effect it.  Meh....whatever I was just wondering.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I think a lot of people forget that the pill isn't 100% because everyone always asks if someone else has gotten pregant on birth control!!! As for me no I haven't guess I'm not one of the 0.1-20%

MaKennaMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Neither!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)