Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and kinda with my babys dad but not really because well he's a loser. He told me he'd rather go to jail than get his GED. I live with my mom and she already hates him. Never met him before. Hes in cali im in PA btw. Well he has no job no diploma no ged nothing and he cant help take care of his daughter financially. Me and mom don't think he deserves to see his daughter if he's not willing to get his stuff together. I pretty much told him he has til his next birthday (9 months) to get his act together but hes not really agreeing. Hes gonna be here for her birth but after that i really dont want him seeing her unless he can help support her.

Am i wrong for tellin him he can't see her until he gets his act together?

I dont wanna keep him away from her because i know she needs a dad in her life but if hes not helping out then i dont think he deserves to see her.

Ameira Michelle Nolan
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaPeanut
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I would not want a person like that around my child, personally. 

I'd consider asking him to sign over his rights.

momamouse07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:38 PM

i would probably feel the same way. He should grow up and get his act together now that he will be a dad. and it sounds like he would be more of a hinderance than a helpful force in her life. but thats just my personal opinion.

CrimsonAsrai
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I would be feeling the same way, and I don't think you're wrong.

JADIEBUG
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Child Support and visitation are always 2 separate issues. You can't withhold visitation just because he does not support her.

RachelAnne
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM

This!

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

young, formula feeding, disposable diapering, CIO, vaccinating, circumcising, spanking when necessary, time out giving, forward facing, non co-sleeping, homeschooling, book loving, SAHM, TTC #2!

JADIEBUG
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Unless she is married or has someone to adopt the child in most states a father just can't sign over his rights.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

sweettigeress
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM

This. He doesn't seem like he wants to change and you really can't make him. If you think he's a loser then why be with him? You and your daughter deserve better.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

hopeandglory53
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Well, considering that he is a loser, what are the actual chances of him WANTING to see his child?

Christinas1st
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:22 PM

he definately wants to see his daughter. I'm not tryin to stop him from visiting but honestly he has no money to come visit her. his mom bought his plane ticket to see her birth and i have to buy another for him to leave.

As for asking him to sign over rights i dont think thats gonna happen. He wants to see her and he wants to be there for her he just doesnt wanna make money.

thanks for your input ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)