Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a sling, that I can nurse with too?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'd like to buy a sling that I can nurse with, but I'm honestly not sure how that would work? I've looked at a couple pictures of them and they look so simple, wouldn't it be just as easy to make one? Any advice or tips on nursing with them?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.pyle
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:34 PM

a ring sling works well when they are young young and an ergo works well when they are a little older for nursing. i can give you directions on how to make one if you want :) 

mrs.pyle
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM

*tips for nursing in a ring sling, adjust it so that the head is right below your shoulder so their isnt as much tension on your back 

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM
Mrs.Pyle-do you know how to make an ergo??? I've been dying for one, but I'm poor! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tclizzle8507
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I want sling directions too.

doula-mom25
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM

yeah make one,  I made my own the have patterns online,  just google it. thats what I did and I can still use that sling to help me hold my 3 yr old piggy back so we dont have to hold on as tight.

doula-mom25
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM
blg5484
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:24 PM

BE CAREFUL WITH A SLING i was given a sling and then found out it was RECALLED lots of babies are DYING in them the one i had 3 babies had died in a 3 day old a 3 week old and a few months old babies died they cant streighten out their head and it causes them to not be able to breath a nurse that taught our baby care class told us about this and said the best thing to put them in is a carrier that keeps baby streight and has your and babys heart at the same level and their head just under your chin so you know their head is ok and they are breathing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)