Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG. What do I do? Please dont tell me off!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM
  • 20 Replies

Don't tell me off because I wasnt in the house when this happened! I left my DD with my SO while I went to get some new paper to print out a resume. While I was out....my dog took a dump in the house and my 8 month old got a hold of it and ate some!!! :S She was covered in dog poo and smeared it all over our rug as well....super fun. Of course SO didn't notice bc he was playing playstation....I've already given him the lecture of a lifetime, don't worry!

Anyways, because she managed to eat some, is there anything I should do? I know my dog doesn't have worms or anything since she was just at the vet last month and tested clean. Any advice????

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BooBearsMomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Don't worry, mine has grabbed some too when we had puppies.  As long as you know your dog doesn't have worms I wouldn't worry:)  Kids tend to do gross stuff!

poptart0325
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Oh wow!  Kids can get themselves in some of the grossest things, can't they?  I would take her to the ER just because there's bacteria in feces.  Just to be safe.  Or call the doctor and see what they say.

JoycesMommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM

oh Love...I have no clue =( I am not sure what it could do...I do know that feces in the eyes can cause conjuctivitius (sp?) But as for you LO eating it...I would prob google it if no one responds with any advice...I'm 100%  positive your not the first who had a little one play with and eat poop

GOOD LUCK!

btw I have a SO who hardly pays attention to our 16mo while playing video games and my friends have the same problem with their SO

MamaPeanut
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM

There's a lot of bacteria in feces, I'd call her doc asap.  If not, try calling to talk to the on-call or Ask-a-nurse line, just to be safe.

Ohana56
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I would call ur doc asap.

miller060905
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:57 PM

i'm not sure what to do but oh goodness that is sooo gross!  sorry mama!

momofqxb
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:20 PM

you can call the poison control hot line. the number is 1-800-222-1222, i keep it handy. my dd chewed on a chlorine tablet for swimming pools last year. they should be able to give you some advice.

mommy2boyz143
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM

yeah posion control or her pedis office should tell you if you need to do anything! When i waswnt home once my son drank some carpet cleaning soap.. i called posion control and they said no big deal its just soap and that he might get diarria!

DylansMom213
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM

My son ate a little dog poop of my husband's work boots when he was around 10 months old. I called the pediatrician and he said as long as there was no sign of worms, it would be okay. Just watch the baby and make sure there's no signs of illness, like fever, vomiting, etc. It sure is super gross though, I totally understand where you're coming from! My son ended up being just fine so I'm sure your baby will be too!

Alecsmommaa
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Ole as long as there is no sign of worms your baby will be fine, my son ate my puppies poo when he  was a lil younger..haha its juss gross!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)