Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else like me?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  • 14 Replies

I am going to sound totally pathetic here but

I miss my baby !

She's asleep in her room and I miss her. Plain & simple. I love when she's awake, sure she might drive me "round the bend" and she tests all the limits in the world but she's at such a delicious age (16months) that I love being around her. She has become super affectionate and loving lately. She likes to climb into my arms and cling to me like a lil monkey and she lets me shower her with kisses.

I know like I said Im slightly lame but on the plus side, she'll be awake in 10 hours and I can get all the kisses and hugs I want :)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleydwnng
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I used to be like this too, and I would go get them and lay with them on the couch or something. then when I felt better, i would take them back to their crib.

AES514
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:14 AM
I'm with you. I've been away from mine for 36 hours. 8 more and I get to see him!!!!!!!!! I am going to cuddle with him alllllllll day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nadine254
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:17 AM

mine are 4 and 6 years old and while I don't miss them when they are asleep. I do feel really giulty if i have been grouchy to them and i have to go in their room and kiss them and tell them i am sorry even though they can't hear me cause they are asleep. And my heart melts and i just feel so much love for them. There is nothing like a mother's love. Just live in the moment and enjoy your feeling happy.

Nadine-- interracial family (and proud of it!) bossy, boy raising, family loving, Adult Child of an Alcoholic surviving, rap music listening, non-spanking, t.v watching, animal loving, involved in my kids schooling, volunteering, college going, in love with my two beautiful boys kind of mama!

kltaylor07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:19 AM
I do this. Like today I hardly saw my
son because my husband took him golfing all morning. They got home at his nap time & he would NOT wake up. I had to leave for a dinner by 5:15 so at 4:15 I went in there & he told me "leave me alone". Tear! Ha. I just wanted to hang out for a little bit because I didn't see him all day!
When he was a baby I would get him out of his crib for snuggles all the time since he wasn't ever much of
a smuggler when awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Quoting :

I would if he would get off the damn computer. Ive tried everything the man is a idiot and I would much rather sit here on cafemom and get some interaction here than beg & plead lol

SarahHostess
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:28 AM

I miss my kids when they are sleeping...almost 2 and almost 5...I go in their rooms and rub them and kiss them before I go to bed.  They are really good sleepers so it works out alright :)

kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:28 AM

It was really bad when she was a newborn! I remember the first week that we were home, she slept in our bed next to her daddy. He was leaving in a month and he wanted to get all the snuggling he could get. Well I remember distinctly one night I woke up at like 2am about 20 min before her next feeding and I took her away from daddy and cuddled her and snuggled on her. He was like "wait... I was enjoying her!" I thought he was asleep he told me that he woke up about an hour before and just wanted to watch her. Totally cute. Then once he deployed and we moved to TX I still co-slept with her. We would snuggle all night long then in the morning my mom would come get her and let me sleep. Those extra 3 hours were heavenly but man when I woke up i would RUN to her.

Now she's 16 months old and if I even dared to go get her she'd be awake for HOURS haha

Jillian686
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:38 AM

mine is 14 months old now and is a total brat most of the time, but today she didn't feel good so she would flip back and forth between being cuddly and needy and screaming bloody murder at me!  I just cuddled and held her when she wanted and let her do her own thing when she was mad at me, lol. my favorite time of day is right before bedtime and she just wants to curl up in my lap and snuggle her head under my chin, i just love that!  I miss her when she is asleep though too.

janicetaylor008
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:11 AM

These momments is what make is so great to be a mom. My dd is asleep next to me know, (I waited to give her her cough medicine and allergy medicine til bedtime and she is out). She drives me nuts while she is awake. She is beggining to talk now and she will say Night Night and give my husband and I kisses until we can't stand it anymore. But thats my baby girl.

JJRsMomma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Yup, I'm the same way. Just about every night I'll tell my partner I miss J and he's like she's just sleeping. They don't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)