Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what a long nite.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

It started at 8;45 pm got what we thought was gonna be a little bit of rain which turned to what looked like a hurricane(straight line winds) and we live in Oklahoma.it Knocked our power out and was out for 5 hours and it was hot in the house so we decided to sit in the car with the a/c on since we have a 2 year old and 5 year old.We just finally got back in the house and its little after 1am before the power was back on.

Oh and Monday gotta call the insurance company because we had a tree in our backyard that half fell on our house.Thank goodness dont see any holes in the roof from it but we are missing lots of shingles. The tree is still laying on the house because we gonna take pics tomorrow in the daylight for insurance company. Its right above the girls' room. and there is another part of the tree that will fall sometime soon.I took one pic of the tree on the house with my phone.will update tomorrow with better pics. Thank goodness that it wasnt worse than what it could have been. They said at least 563 business' and residents were without power.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JMKristy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:45 AM

How scary!! I'm glad the tree didn't do huge damage and you are all okay.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Wow! I'm glad to here everyone is okay. Hopefully you guys can get it all fixed up and be back to normal soon!

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:17 AM
Oh my goodness! What part of Oklahoma? I like in ok too and this either didn't hit me or I slept right through it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skinsfan26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I live in Enid. It was a little bitty storm that just popped up above us. it only lasted like 5-10 mins.It was crazy.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

Oh my goodness! What part of Oklahoma? I like in ok too and this either didn't hit me or I slept right through it.

Nadine254
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM

we are about to be stationed in Oklahoma at fort sill. I am scared because of this kind of weather. i am from California. They don't have crap like that. Is there lots of tornadoes there too?

Nadine-- interracial family (and proud of it!) bossy, boy raising, family loving, Adult Child of an Alcoholic surviving, rap music listening, non-spanking, t.v watching, animal loving, involved in my kids schooling, volunteering, college going, in love with my two beautiful boys kind of mama!

skinsfan26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM

and now a troll can come move here in the last pic LOL

skinsfan26
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:00 PM

tornado season is usually during the springtime. sometimes there is alot sometimes there isnt.Just depends on Mother Nature.

Quoting Nadine254:

we are about to be stationed in Oklahoma at fort sill. I am scared because of this kind of weather. i am from California. They don't have crap like that. Is there lots of tornadoes there too?

thetammy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM

wow scary! we live in the coast of washington and trees fall here on a regular basis!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)