Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

INTERESTING QUESTION FROM MY KIDS UNCLE

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM
  • 82 Replies

MY KIDS UNCLE WORKS IN THE GROCERY STORE AND HE WANTED ME TO ASK U LADIES "WHAT AGE IS IT APPROPRIATE TO STOP LETTING UR SON COME IN THE BATHROOM WITH YOU?

HE ASKED BECAUSE HE WAS WORKING THE  OTHER DAY AND A BOY WAS ABOUT TO WALK IN THE LADIES ROOM SO HE SHOWED THE BOY WHERE THE MENS ROOM WAS BUT THE BOY SAID MY MOM'S IN THE LADIES ROOM. HE ASKED THE BOY HOW OLD HE WAS AND THE BOY SAID 12YRS OLD, HE DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ELSE TO THE BOY BUT WHEN THE MOTHER CAME OUT SHE SAID "I APPRECIATE U SHOWING HIM THE MENS BATHROOM BUT HE LIKES TO USE THE BATHROOM WITH ME"

IS IT ME OR IS 12 TO OLD FOR A BOY TO BE IN THE WOMENS BATHROOM, DNT ME WRONG I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND IF THE CHILD HAS DISABILITY'S BUT OTHER THAN THAT THAT IS TOO OLD, SO WHAT DO U LADY'S THINK!?!?!?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Yes, 12 is too old IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Julian_Elexis
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Yea that is too old I think, I am surprised he even wants to. My son is almost 5 & doesnt even want to lol

tbache
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I find 12 to be to old for the ladies room!

meelena123

its time to let the bottle go mommy i am a big boy now

AES514
12 is WAYYYYY too old!!!! As soon as they can wipe their own ass, its time. Of course depending on safety. I'd say 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steph1499

12 to me sounds a little old to use the womans bathroom.  My son is 7 and yes he still comes in with me but he also goes to the mens.   Ask him if he cares if a mother checks out the mens room before letting their child go in.  I do this all the time. 

Kaydence2010
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Way too old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seoulmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM

honestly i dont really see the difference some kids are immature & some parents are overprotective...& when you go into a ladies room it's all stalls so it's not like you are seeing anything.

MamaTasha08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I think it depends on the maturity of the child.  But yes, in most cases, 12 seems to be too old. 

jessarendt22
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM

yeah 12 years old is way to old for a boy to be in the ladies room , at that age they obviously are potty trained and can go on their own !!!! Id say 6 at the oldest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)