Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to motherhood and looking for friends

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM
  • 15 Replies

my name is debra ans im currently pregnant with my first which is a girl. im so excited. i try not to think to much about the actual labor and delivery casue i dont want to get to overwhelmed or freaked out. if any one would like to share there delivery stories with me or offer any advice i would love to read it and find out more about other mothers and mothers to be.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madleine
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM

hi debra! i'm madleine! first, let me congratulate you!! i just had my first baby in april, a girl as well. my delivery wasn't so bad, but a childbirth class i took really helped me out a lot. i'm not sure if you want an epi or not, but i didn't get one..yes it hurt, but i'm glad i didn't get one. anyways, how far along are you? :]

army_wifey_06
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Hi I'm Christy =) My son will be 1 in July. This year has just gone by wayyyy too fast! Have you decided on any names yet? Congrats and welcome to the group!

JMKristy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Hi! I'm Kristy! congrats, and welcome to the group!!! When are you due?

MissyPooh0525
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Hi, Debra! I'm Kendra and I just joined last week. I had my first baby (a beautiful girl) on May 25. She's just three wks old and is the joy of my life. I would not want to scare you with a delivery story, but i will say dont look to tv for guidance! Also don't expect to stick to your birth plan if you have one. BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING! I went to the hospital at 11:00am and I was 5cm dialated. By 7pm, my water had broken on its own and I was 9cm. 8pm came and I was no longer making progress and they had to perform a c-section. I was really sad and in tears, but she was in distress and they had to take her. 8:13pm, I was a happy mother. I think you're doing the right thing by not focusing so much on labor and delivery. I didnt either. I felt like if i did then i'd have an anxiety attack!

lucy4891
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Hi! My name is Lucy! I have a little girl, Lily, who is 3 years old. Congratulations on your little girl!!! Do you have any names picked out yet? When are you due?

courtneycra
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM
congrats! welcome to being a mommy! my names courtney, every birthing experience is different, my dd was an easy pregnancy and my ds was hard from day 1! its normal to be scared nervouse because u dont know what to expect! some can last an hour some can last 2 days my ds decided he didnt want to be forced to come out so i waited 2 days! anyway hugs and gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma0ffive
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:16 PM

hi deb! congrats on your pregnancy!  i have 5 children all of them i got an epidural during  labor, i wanted to really remember the birth of my babies and not the pain.  Of course with all of them i did recieve at different stages of labor so i did feel a ton of contractions and what not......

maddysmom8809
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Hi Debra, welcome to the group! I have one child, my daughter Madelynn who is 10 months old and on the move!!! Being a mother is a complete life-changing experience, but it's the best thing that has happened in my life. My labor and birth was pretty typical, I guess you could say. I did not have a birth plan because I felt like I was not the expert in the situation and heard that most of the time, the birth plan is forgotten anyways. I originally did not want an epidural, but when the time came, I gladly took it and do not regret it for one second. I will probably do the same for the rest of my children. My advice would be to sleep as much as possible now because once she's here, you won't get the chance to. Also, let people help you. I'm such an independent person, so it was hard for me to let other people do things for me, but trust me, it's totally worth it. Take the help when you can get it. Looking forward to hearing more from you! ~Tiffany

mcalpinmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:20 PM

hi my names amber, first of all congrats, kids are the best. i was induced with both my kids. i loved it. everything went really smooth and had no complications. just be prepaird for any thing. my bf just had her first on wednesday and she was also induced and she ended up having to push for 2 1/2 hrs. but no matter the labor and delivey process the end result is the best.

doula-mom25
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM

HEY, Welcome to thegroup....My name is Eleslie and I have 2 lil girls I am 25 and married to Jeremy he has been my loving dh for almost 7 years. I was 19 when I got pregnant with my first DD. I had her when I was 20, both of my birth stories are dream births.... I had such good experiences. I read, read, read any book on natural childbirth I could Get my hands on( don't watch a baby story.. its not like that in real life)..

With Kaya we were up at like 2 in the morning watching the movie MEN OF HONOR and I was laughing when I felt my water start to break. I didn't know  what it was at first I thought I had pee'ed myself. But after going to the bathroom 2 or 3 times I realized it was broken... So I told dh and he started rushing around getting everything together. About 30 min later I had my first contraction and it wasn't so bad... Our plan was to stay at home as long as possible. So I took a shower and during the shower the contractions changed and got really serious.. My contractions started at 15 min apart and within an hour had gotten to be 3 min apart so wer were off to the hospital. By now I was riding down the road at 5 or so in the morning we had to drive like 35 miles an hour it was so foggy.. So we finally get to the hospital at 6 in the morning and I an 5 cm when I checked in.  I was laboring so fast and the contractions were one on top of the other for about 3 solid hours. I'm talking 1 min and a half apart a min and a half long..But it only took me about an hour to go from 5 to 10 cm and I got so sick I threw up like 5 times but as soon as I finished I knew It was different....I told the nurse I thought I had to poop.. But I was really feeling the urge to push... I had no pain medication what so ever. I did have IV fluids I got dehydrated from throwing up.. I started pushing and I could feel her come out and slip back a little between contractions, I got so tired and felt like I wasn't going to be able to do it, Then my wonderful dh and my mom and dh's mom talked to me and encouraged me told me how close I was and I did have a lil break in contractions. Then her heart rate started to drop a little and my midwife said ok, you got to do it get her out she needs to be out lets go., and with all my might I pushed 2 hard times and she was out, I sat half way up and grabbed her out of my midwifes hands and put her on my chest and she just started licking me and looking around. I breastfeed her while the midwife stitched me up I tore and had to have 3 stitches... In a total of six hours I had her....

With Darby I was 21 and had went 7 days over my due date when I scheduled my induction.... Wake up 2 hours before My appointment in labor...It worked out so perfect. I didn't want to be induced but by then was 10 days over my due date so my FIL was down spending the night to watch Kaya for the appointment, and I went into labor 2 hours before the appointment at 4 in the morning. We were told by my midwife since my first labor was so short to get to the hospital asap..So as soon as I realized i was in labor I woke up dh and fil and we high tailed it to the hospital .... I walked up to the floor and told the nurses I was in labor... they sat me in a labor room and didn't even come in there til I sent dh out the room to tell them I had to get the penicillin for the baby, I was gbs pos. So she needed an antibiotic. Well the nurse comes in and checked my cervix and I am 8 cm she looked at me with her mouth open and said, You were so clam I didn't think you were in labor... By then Contractions were every min and a min and a half long.  I had brought 5 pillows from home and just layed there and concentrated on breathing. I knew it wouldn't take me long now that I was 8. Well about an hour after I got to the hospital I knew it was time to push I couldn't not push the urge just took me over.... I told dh get some body I gotta push, and just started grunting I  was trying not to push... The midwife came in and I was 10 cm but my water wasn't broken so she asked me if I wanted her to break it or push to break, so I told her to break it and 16 min later she was out.... Big ol 10 lb 1 oz baby girl #2....only 3 hours and 31 min of labor...Completely natural and it was such a wonderful experience if I have another one I will go natural and breastfeed as well....

I am so in love with the birth process and labor and breastfeeding. I am a doula at a hospital and love it so much.....So sorry if this post was to long lol ......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)