Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it ok to feed ur kids a sandwhich everyday for lunch edit in red

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:04 PM
  • 74 Replies

ok so i was wondering since its summer is it ok to feed kids sandwhiches everyday for lunch? Ive had alotta ppl tell me its ok and i was also wondering because i plan to be at the park or rec center almost everyday from like 10a til 6p ( i plan on doing a lotta crock pot meals lol so dinner is ready when we get home) i planned to pack a lunch instead of runnen home.i got 10 loafs of wheat sandwhich bread onsale the other day at a 10/$10 sale lol. What do u ladies think

ok everyone keeps saying my kids are going to get bored,

they really dont,  i mean the could eat cereal everyday but i dont let em b/c it takes more bowls to fill em up than it does 2 eggs toast and fruit, they eat  im serious like 3 bowls each,

i plan on doing several different types of sandwhiches, bologna, ham, turkey, chicken salad, tina salad, pb&j pb&h  cheese regular or plain,  also left overs, like pizza or spag, just warm it up b4 we go and serve it wen it lunch time,  thank u ladies for reasuring me about this

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Why wouldn't it be okay? My kids have sandwiches every day. So do I, usually.

moodywife
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM

yes my kids pretty much get sandwhiches you can switch them up!

abc04789f
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:06 PM

i don't see anything wrong with it, it's food isn't it? maybe switch it up everyother day or so, pbj, turkey, tuna.. etc.

Kyliees_mommy08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:06 PM

your the mother...do what you feel is best.....in my opinion yes its fine

Sophie1106
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM
I don't see why not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoeysmom331
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I don't see any problem with it. But I woudl def freeze some of that bread!

HisTechnoAngel
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM

why would there be a problem? It's food right? Damn, when I was little lunch was a rarity and sometimes (a lot of times) cereal was dinner. Don't stress about feeding them sandwiches. If you're worried about them getting bored with it... change the type of sandwich up a bit. Have a good one!

sherriemorgan
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM

hey as long as they are fed and the sandwiches are healthy . why not. I say it's okay.

roxy85
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM

As long as they're not marshmallow fluff and jelly sandwiches why would that be wrong? Round the meal out with a piece of fruit, yogurt cup, or whatever and you're golden. My kids have PB and honey every single day for lunch with a fruit, crackers, and milk.

Nanasmom03
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I GUESS IT'S OK.  I KNOW I WOULDN'T WANT TO HAVE A SANDWICH EVERY SINGLE DAY THOUGH!!   IT CAN BE BAD TO EAT TOO MUCH BREAD!!  FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD!!   MAYBE IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT KIND OF BREAD!! 

MY KIDS LIKE THEM LIL ALREADY MADE LUNCHES THAT COME WITH A DRINK, CHEESE, CRACKERS, A MEAT, AND A SNACK!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)